i'm somewhat of a natural..

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Zionman

Re: i'm somewhat of a natural..

Postby Zionman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 pm

kwais wrote:
Zionman wrote:
Br3v wrote:He never referred to you being rich, or to anything relating to $ and you together. You just failed to understand his comment.

The whole dont any of you have any money thing would only come from a rich person....i'll give him/her chance to clarify, but seems suspect.

It's a reference to a previous poster/thread. The reason it was brought up was that that person sucked and this guy thinks you suck, but are less good at it.

w/e u say im forgiving, but not forgetting. i dont buy it. let's move on.

Zionman

Postby Zionman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

minnbills wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:Perhaps he's a double layered troll. Poor trolling done to elicit emotions responses about the low quality of his trolling. I applaud you sir.

omg... I've been trolled, well done Zion. Well done.

ur not off the hook...and not "trolling". Im not f'n dicaprio in that multi-layer dream movie (cant recall the name). Just a simple forum, guys. Please explain why u assumed i was rich.

Zionman

Postby Zionman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:Troll is an obvious troll.

:evil:

^^^^^feel sorry for ppl like this^^^^^ironically, he's the one trolling my threads. smh.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 pm

NO ONE THOUGHT YOU WERE RICH, I THOUGHT YOU AKNOWLEDGED UNDERSTANDING THAT?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186245

I'm now taking bets as to the post count OP will have at the time of his permaban. Price is Right rules (closest without going over).

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Zionman wrote:
ur not off the hook...and not "trolling". Im not f'n dicaprio in that multi-layer dream movie (cant recall the name). Just a simple forum, guys. Please explain why u assumed i was rich.

There was a famous thread a few months back titled "don't any of you have any money?"

It was the best executed trolling in recent memory.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Renzo wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186245

I'm now taking bets as to the post count OP will have at the time of his permaban. Price is Right rules (closest without going over).

If that's the thread I think it is, I flagged it a few hrs ago so, soon.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't think he gets banned unless he's an alt. The trolling isn't inflammatory enough to warrant a ban.

top30man

Postby top30man » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 pm

minnbills wrote:

I don't think he gets banned unless he's an alt. The trolling isn't inflammatory enough to warrant a ban.

I say 81. Poster will death spiral eventually, but not immediately.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Are you black?

Zionman

Postby Zionman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Are you black?

no, why would you assume that? Also, as amusing and misguided as ur comments are (im making an effort to respond to only a minimal amount of them), theyve actually been quite insightful, even if inadvertantly so. ill leave it there.

Edit: not referring to you, FeelTheHeat, i'm referring to other posters.

2nd edit: I now know why you asked that; no, username refers to something else.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Zionman wrote:

are you Jewish?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 am

top30man wrote:
minnbills wrote:

I say 81. Poster will death spiral eventually, but not immediately.

That's a pretty good guess. I'll go for an even 100 He's going to have to step his game up for his trolling to be effective, and he'll overshoot.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

Dumb troll.

Zionman

Postby Zionman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 pm

dingbat wrote:
Zionman wrote:

are you Jewish?

dingbat, the only reason im not gonna directly answer ur question is because im afraid we may see the discussion veer into an even worse direction. Overall, im really dissapointed by how this discussion went, so id rather not respond to any more comments. Thanks to those who provided non-assinine responses.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Zionman wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Zionman wrote:

are you Jewish?

dingbat, the only reason im not gonna directly answer ur question is because im afraid we may see the discussion veer into an even worse direction. Overall, im really dissapointed by how this discussion went, so id rather not respond to any more comments. Thanks to those who provided non-assinine responses.

so you are jewish.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 am

Zionman wrote:barely ever study, coast thru life. got some job offers thru some connects (about 100k, starting) after three years of doing my own busineess ventures---most people would say i "failed", but had a lot of fun, so w/e), but i dont wanna enter the real world so i'm headed to law school.

im pretty interested in the material, but mostly i just wanna chill for three years before moving on. grades arent important; ive got some jobs lined up thru some connects (if i even want to take them). Am i making the right decision? Constructive criticism welcome.

Time for some constructive criticism

You can only coast so far. If you get into a good law school, most of your classmates will be pretty much as smart as you are, but the majority of which work much harder. Suddenly you will find that you are not nearly as smart as you thought you were (having MENSA level intelligence is practically a requirement to get into the T14; HYS is a step above that)

But, even if you are smarter than everyone else, raw intelligence is not enough at that level. You will need to know the material quite well just to be able to pass. So unless you have a photographic memory, you will need to put in a decent amount of work.

You will find that while your classmates are willing to hang out from time to time, they take their studying seriously and a lot of "socializing" is done in study groups.

You might have jobs lined up right now, but will those jobs definitely still be there in 3 years? A lot can change during that time. If those jobs do not require a JD, there are better ways to spend 3 years (you could go "volunteer" in Africa or Asia and see the world)

I'd comment on the fact that law school costs a 1/4 million dollars, but something tells me that doesn't bother you (and you may have a scholarship)

I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to enter the real world, but, you got to do it some time. You will have to grow up eventually and that time really should be before law school. (unless you have already inherited millions of dollars, in which case, you could become a poster boy/girl for raising the estate tax)

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I agree that you can't expect to coast in law school, but disagree with some of the following:

dingbat wrote:You will need to know the material quite well just to be able to pass. So unless you have a photographic memory, you will need to put in a decent amount of work.

My best grades came from classes where I barely did the reading and certainly didn't make my own outlines. I just sat in class and listened, then read an upperclassmen's old outline combined with an E&E or other supplement. When the test came around, I wouldn't say I knew or understood the material, but I did see problems that were variations on questions in the E&E or variations on the professor's past exams. And that's all it is, pattern recognition -- having seen that question before and knowing what the right outcome is.

dingbat wrote:You will find that while your classmates are willing to hang out from time to time, they take their studying seriously and a lot of "socializing" is done in study groups.

I guess it depends on the school, but plenty of people do party hard.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Some people are extraordinary and coast through life, but you won't know if it'll be you until you get there, so it's better not to take that chance. Since you don't think you'd like law school and aren't ready for work, travel or take a working holiday in the meantime.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm

OP sounds more like an MBA candidate than a JD candidate.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Before I can offer you advice, it's important to gauge how smart you really are. You're clearly gifted --not many people can coast and be as successful as you, but there's still a large range of intelligence levels within that subgroup.
Based only on the way that you post, I'd assume that you're somewhat of a savant --while you have the intellectual horsepower to do virtually anything academically, you will always be limited by being a retard socially and emotionally. But I don't want to jump to any conclusions and would prefer that you clarify to us what your strengths and weaknesses are.
Please report back!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 pm

dingbat wrote:having MENSA level intelligence is practically a requirement to get into the T14; HYS is a step above that)

fucking lol at this

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Flips88 wrote:
dingbat wrote:having MENSA level intelligence is practically a requirement to get into the T14; HYS is a step above that)

fucking lol at this

MENSA requires a 95th percentile LSAT score, which is about a 167.
I will admit that I overstated the matter, for schools like Berkeley and Cornell it's about median.
On the other hand, NYU or Columbia will likely reject the app without so much as a second glance.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am

Asia Carerra is in MENSA.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”