Recent Grad (Rutgers-Newark) Taking Q's

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Easy-E

Re: Recent Grad (Rutgers-Newark) Taking Q's

Postby Easy-E » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:35 pm

If anyone still following this thread, can they comment on any of these professors?

Safrin
Ball
Gold
Bergelson
Kline
Soled

Thanks

amg414

Postby amg414 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 pm

emarxnj wrote:If anyone still following this thread, can they comment on any of these professors?

Safrin
Ball
Gold
Bergelson
Kline
Soled

Thanks

I can comment on Ball and Bergelson. Had Ball for Property, he was fantastic, one of, if not the best professors I've had so far. He made what could have been a very dry subject entertaining. Bergelson was also very good for Criminal, but strict. She'll cut you off right away if you have the wrong answer, and won't entertain hypos forever, but that's what I liked about her. I found her to be engaging. Can't comment on the rest of them.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 pm

amg414 wrote:
emarxnj wrote:If anyone still following this thread, can they comment on any of these professors?

Safrin
Ball
Gold
Bergelson
Kline
Soled

Thanks

I can comment on Ball and Bergelson. Had Ball for Property, he was fantastic, one of, if not the best professors I've had so far. He made what could have been a very dry subject entertaining. Bergelson was also very good for Criminal, but strict. She'll cut you off right away if you have the wrong answer, and won't entertain hypos forever, but that's what I liked about her. I found her to be engaging. Can't comment on the rest of them.

I actually liked that about Bergelson! I can't stand the kids who just have to have their voice heard 5x a class, and it takes time away from the professors actual lesson plan. Had Ball for the first time today, really enjoyed his class. Very engaging professor, makes it very clear. Did you buy a supplement for Property with Ball?

You may prefer to answer this in a PM, but how did you do in those two classes? I've been trying to get a hold of some good outlines.

Void

Postby Void » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 pm

I visited back in '09 and it smelled like urine. Does it still? Thanks in advance.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 am

Void wrote:I visited back in '09 and it smelled like urine. Does it still? Thanks in advance.

Newark or the law building? Law building is very nice, if a bit chilly. I had to go into one of the main school buildings to get my ID and it was pretty shitty. The city itself is mostly a warzone, downtown and ironbound are good though. Are you sure you didn't have an accident or something? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Easy-E on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Void

Postby Void » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am

emarxnj wrote:
Void wrote:I visited back in '09 and it smelled like urine. Does it still? Thanks in advance.

Newark or the law building? Law building is very nice, if a bit chilly. I had to go into one of the main school buildings to get my ID and it was pretty shitty. Are you sure you didn't have an accident or something?

I went into that one building (which I assumed was the only building for the law school?) and I was in some kind of downstairs area. It was quite funky. I suppose it could have been me.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 am

Void wrote:
emarxnj wrote:

Newark or the law building? Law building is very nice, if a bit chilly. I had to go into one of the main school buildings to get my ID and it was pretty shitty. Are you sure you didn't have an accident or something?

I went into that one building (which I assumed was the only building for the law school?) and I was in some kind of downstairs area. It was quite funky. I suppose it could have been me.

Yeah it's just one building, big rotunda stairs going up the whole thing? I think the building is somewhat new though, dunno when. I stopped into a different "main campus" building to get my student ID and had a bit of stank to it though.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”