stupid lay people questions about law school

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Oh sorry, "answer" went back and edited his post. Sorry for this terrible confusion...


If you want to show that I edited them, then at least have the mods check the IPs of both user accounts and from where each user is logging in. I assure you that they would find me innocent, but then again, if you are in the mood of proving yourself right, could you or someone on this forum ask the mods to intervene? I'm really curious where their investigation will go.

Dude. I saw the post before the edit and you changed it before someone else posted so there is no edit thing at the bottom. Nobody in here believes that you aren't an alt.


But you can't prove it birdlaw! HA! He is not an alt unless you can prove it!!! You are fighting a losing battle my friend! We have been outsmarted!

answer23
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Answer while I sympathize with the original argument/statement, I think you should understand that your trash talking isn't helping your case at all. Instead of answering them boorishly, why can't you just ignore the name calling and try to address their claims with reason (if you care to do so)?


Drop the act bro.


What act should I drop? I'm glad we are on "bro" terms with you, which means that you'd be such a cool bro to defend yourself against my claims. I mean I understand if you can't do it, and if that's the case, then you have no reason to keep claiming I'm an alt. Please, tell TLS how you can sniff out alts.


By using common fucking sense. Answer is a one-of-a-kind douchebag who posted something dumb that everybody responded to with hostility. All of a sudden someone agrees with him whole-heartedly...just so happens this account was made a few minutes earlier. Add in the fact that you two are never logged in/online at the same time, never comment in instantaneous succession, you respond to accusations of alting by saying "prove it!" and that you even have fake dialogue with your original account, and it's pretty clear.

I can believe there is someone as dumb as answer, but not two people that idiotic.


You have absolutely no common sense at all. Why would I bother creating an alt for. I've proven again and again you are an assumption jumping wild accusations no logic having dumbass. How the fuck did you get into law school? Mods please show there is no alt to shut this dumb aficionado up.

farthing_harvard
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby farthing_harvard » Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Answer while I sympathize with the original argument/statement, I think you should understand that your trash talking isn't helping your case at all. Instead of answering them boorishly, why can't you just ignore the name calling and try to address their claims with reason (if you care to do so)?


Drop the act bro.


What act should I drop? I'm glad we are on "bro" terms with you, which means that you'd be such a cool bro to defend yourself against my claims. I mean I understand if you can't do it, and if that's the case, then you have no reason to keep claiming I'm an alt. Please, tell TLS how you can sniff out alts.


By using common fucking sense. Answer is a one-of-a-kind douchebag who posted something dumb that everybody responded to with hostility. All of a sudden someone agrees with him whole-heartedly...just so happens this account was made a few minutes earlier. Add in the fact that you two are never logged in/online at the same time, never comment in instantaneous succession, you respond to accusations of alting by saying "prove it!" and that you even have fake dialogue with your original account, and it's pretty clear.

I can believe there is someone as dumb as answer, but not two people that idiotic.


Remind me to tell the judge that it's all about common sense--I'm sure I will win the case. So you are saying you analyzed answer as a douchebag, which would make me a douchebag if I am alting as him. Then you analyze my defense of him as a whole-hearted agreement with answer, hmm, ok. How is it a fact that I never logged in with him? Did you get the mods to share with you TLS's login history? But OK, if you didn't, I know that you know the truth because it's just common sense. And then you show that my saying of "prove it!" (I don't recall using an exclamation point, but that's stylistic pedantry) as evidence of what? And fake dialogue with what account and how is it fake? How can you not be my fault for example? I mean I am having a dialogue with you. But then again, it's all pretty clear--you really have proven that I am an alt in your world of justice.

Again, let's step back into reality: can you prove that I am alting without using strange reasoning and tenuous evidence? If you want a hint, why don't you complain to the mods about me as an alt? Heck you can even report me, and they'll serve as better arbiters than you. I mean they'll definitely use common sense, but in a slightly different way.

answer23
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:18 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Oh sorry, "answer" went back and edited his post. Sorry for this terrible confusion...


If you want to show that I edited them, then at least have the mods check the IPs of both user accounts and from where each user is logging in. I assure you that they would find me innocent, but then again, if you are in the mood of proving yourself right, could you or someone on this forum ask the mods to intervene? I'm really curious where their investigation will go.

Dude. I saw the post before the edit and you changed it before someone else posted so there is no edit thing at the bottom. Nobody in here believes that you aren't an alt.


But you can't prove it birdlaw! HA! He is not an alt unless you can prove it!!! You are fighting a losing battle my friend! We have been outsmarted!

User avatar
nihil1315
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby nihil1315 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:20 pm

answer23 wrote:shut this dumb aficionado up.




Image

answer23
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Oh sorry, "answer" went back and edited his post. Sorry for this terrible confusion...


If you want to show that I edited them, then at least have the mods check the IPs of both user accounts and from where each user is logging in. I assure you that they would find me innocent, but then again, if you are in the mood of proving yourself right, could you or someone on this forum ask the mods to intervene? I'm really curious where their investigation will go.

Dude. I saw the post before the edit and you changed it before someone else posted so there is no edit thing at the bottom. Nobody in here believes that you aren't an alt.


But you can't prove it birdlaw! HA! He is not an alt unless you can prove it!!! You are fighting a losing battle my friend! We have been outsmarted!


I'm willing to sign any release to show that I'm not an alt. fucking idiots. If I created an alt I welcome the Mods to ban me for life. How about that.

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby RedBirds2011 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:21 pm

This thread is getting close to a 180 now. Also...dumb aficionado? >>> :lol:

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:23 pm

answer23 wrote:You have absolutely no common sense at all. Why would I bother creating an alt for. I've proven again and again you are an assumption jumping wild accusations no logic having dumbass. How the fuck did you get into law school? Mods please show there is no alt to shut this dumb aficionado up.


A. Lol wut?
B. Dude, listen to your dear friend (and not alt) farthing and don't resort to name-calling!
C. At what other points have I been proven to be jumping to wild accusations with no logic?
D. I got into law school by following advice of knowledgeable TTT lawyers I know. They told me to use Citi loans and I'm glad I did!
E. Image

farthing_harvard
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby farthing_harvard » Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Image

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Remind me to tell the judge that it's all about common sense--I'm sure I will win the case. So you are saying you analyzed answer as a douchebag, which would make me a douchebag if I am alting as him. Then you analyze my defense of him as a whole-hearted agreement with answer, hmm, ok. How is it a fact that I never logged in with him? Did you get the mods to share with you TLS's login history? But OK, if you didn't, I know that you know the truth because it's just common sense. And then you show that my saying of "prove it!" (I don't recall using an exclamation point, but that's stylistic pedantry) as evidence of what? And fake dialogue with what account and how is it fake? How can you not be my fault for example? I mean I am having a dialogue with you. But then again, it's all pretty clear--you really have proven that I am an alt in your world of justice.

Again, let's step back into reality: can you prove that I am alting without using strange reasoning and tenuous evidence? If you want a hint, why don't you complain to the mods about me as an alt? Heck you can even report me, and they'll serve as better arbiters than you. I mean they'll definitely use common sense, but in a slightly different way.


A poster who associates with this answer character, real or not, is still a douchebag.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm

farthing_harvard wrote:Image


Well that settles it.

User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby outsidethescope » Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm

^
|
|
|

[see above]
Last edited by outsidethescope on Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby outsidethescope » Sat May 26, 2012 6:31 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Remind me to tell the judge that it's all about common sense--I'm sure I will win the case. So you are saying you analyzed answer as a douchebag, which would make me a douchebag if I am alting as him. Then you analyze my defense of him as a whole-hearted agreement with answer, hmm, ok. How is it a fact that I never logged in with him? Did you get the mods to share with you TLS's login history? But OK, if you didn't, I know that you know the truth because it's just common sense. And then you show that my saying of "prove it!" (I don't recall using an exclamation point, but that's stylistic pedantry) as evidence of what? And fake dialogue with what account and how is it fake? How can you not be my fault for example? I mean I am having a dialogue with you. But then again, it's all pretty clear--you really have proven that I am an alt in your world of justice.

Again, let's step back into reality: can you prove that I am alting without using strange reasoning and tenuous evidence? If you want a hint, why don't you complain to the mods about me as an alt? Heck you can even report me, and they'll serve as better arbiters than you. I mean they'll definitely use common sense, but in a slightly different way.


A poster who associates with this answer character, real or not, is still a douchebag.


I love that they're both clearly not lay people.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:36 pm

outsidethescope wrote:I love that they're both clearly not lay people.

Seriously, let's get back to the real point of this thread, which is that lay people are just too fucking unbearably ignorant to associate with. And, even if they aren't lay people and are, instead, TTT practicing lawyers, 0Ls are significantly better positioned to understand the legal profession.

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby RedBirds2011 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:43 pm

I guess farthing and answer had to both get offline for something.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:I guess farthing and answer had to both get offline for something.


Lol

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby Tanicius » Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Enhance!

Image

Zoom in on the list of people who were signed on!

Image

Oh my God. Is that what I think it is? Highlight that name!

Image

Holy shit. This absolves him of everything! We've been wrong all along...

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 pm

farthing_harvard wrote:Image

Classic alt. posting from his iPhone while taking screenshits on his laptop.
Totally busted.

answer23
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:Image

Classic alt. posting from his iPhone while taking screenshits on his laptop.
Totally busted.


This is becoming a useless and pointless witch hunt. I'm done. Have fun.

jurisx
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby jurisx » Sat May 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Neatrends wrote:
answer23 wrote: I've overheard conversations on cell phones (thin walls) with statements like I owe 200k but atleast I'm not a fucking paralegal or janitor.


:lol: This is funny on several dimensions


so go be a janitor. Enjoy.

answer23
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby answer23 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
answer23 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote::roll: liar

You're calling me a liar after I call you out for talking out your ass for something I never said.
Priceless.
Still waiting for you to show me where I said I was going to a tt with no loans.

December 10:
answer23 wrote:Just deposited at Michigan State. Not the greatest school, but they're giving me a full ride! I'm very excited


Also I never posted anything about Michigan state ever. I'm sure there is some kind of term of agreement on tls about falsely attributing a quote to another poster. You need to be ban.

farthing_harvard
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby farthing_harvard » Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Tanicius wrote:Enhance!

Image

Zoom in on the list of people who were signed on!

Image

Oh my God. Is that what I think it is? Highlight that name!

Image

Holy shit. This absolves him of everything! We've been wrong all along...


Sorry, didn't know it was lo-res. This should fix it.

Image

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 pm

farthing_harvard wrote:Image

What's open in your other google chrome window? :lol:

farthing_harvard
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby farthing_harvard » Sat May 26, 2012 11:00 pm

outsidethescope wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
Remind me to tell the judge that it's all about common sense--I'm sure I will win the case. So you are saying you analyzed answer as a douchebag, which would make me a douchebag if I am alting as him. Then you analyze my defense of him as a whole-hearted agreement with answer, hmm, ok. How is it a fact that I never logged in with him? Did you get the mods to share with you TLS's login history? But OK, if you didn't, I know that you know the truth because it's just common sense. And then you show that my saying of "prove it!" (I don't recall using an exclamation point, but that's stylistic pedantry) as evidence of what? And fake dialogue with what account and how is it fake? How can you not be my fault for example? I mean I am having a dialogue with you. But then again, it's all pretty clear--you really have proven that I am an alt in your world of justice.

Again, let's step back into reality: can you prove that I am alting without using strange reasoning and tenuous evidence? If you want a hint, why don't you complain to the mods about me as an alt? Heck you can even report me, and they'll serve as better arbiters than you. I mean they'll definitely use common sense, but in a slightly different way.


A poster who associates with this answer character, real or not, is still a douchebag.


I love that they're both clearly not lay people.


Honestly, it depends upon your definition of lay person. First, let's do just that--define: merriam-webster states, "a person who does not have specialized or professional knowledge of a subject." So, I would say that if you are specialized in X--no matter to what degree--that immediately makes you more knowledgable ie specialized than the lay person who has no knowledge of X. For example, you are a TLSer, which makes everyone who doesn't use TLS a lay person to TLS. What answer23 was trying to say is that the information he acquired on TLS made him specialized compared to those who were giving him bad advice ie lay people.

farthing_harvard
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Postby farthing_harvard » Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:Image

What's open in your other google chrome window? :lol:


How to Take a Screenshot, NYTimes, and Play.fm Miss Kittin DJ set (I like her music)




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests