stupid lay people questions about law school Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
birdlaw117

Gold

Re: stupid lay people questions about law school

Post by birdlaw117 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:08 pm

farthing_harvard wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote: Image
What's open in your other google chrome window? :lol:
How to Take a Screenshot, NYTimes, and Play.fm Miss Kittin DJ set (I like her music)
Yeah, but what tabs are open in the other window?

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 pm

we're are going to need both of you to picwhore. simultaneously.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm

farthing_harvard wrote: Play.fm Miss Kittin DJ set
nice

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 am

farthing_harvard wrote:Honestly, it depends upon your definition of lay person. First, let's do just that--define: merriam-webster states, "a person who does not have specialized or professional knowledge of a subject." So, I would say that if you are specialized in X--no matter to what degree--that immediately makes you more knowledgable ie specialized than the lay person who has no knowledge of X. For example, you are a TLSer, which makes everyone who doesn't use TLS a lay person to TLS. What answer23 was trying to say is that the information he acquired on TLS made him specialized compared to those who were giving him bad advice ie lay people.
Here is the proof that you are answer23. Answer23 is the only person I have seen who uses dictionary definitions to support his point:
answer23 wrote:con·se·quence   /ˈkɒnsɪˌkwɛns, -kwəns/ Show Spelled[kon-si-kwens, -kwuhns] Show IPA
noun
1. the effect, result, or outcome of something occurring earlier: The accident was the consequence of reckless driving.

Are you fucking kidding me here. I don’t want to be part of that social circle, because they treated I and all the other staff members like shit before. That’s the consequence.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 am

answer23 wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:Image
Classic alt. posting from his iPhone while taking screenshits on his laptop.
Totally busted.
This is becoming a useless and pointless witch hunt. I'm done. Have fun.
As in done with TLS? *fingers crossed*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSAT>LDAC

New

Post by LSAT>LDAC » Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 am

I finished reading the first post of this thread with an unstoppable urge to post.

And I finished thoroughly satisfied.
+25 to everyone but answer Answer and his alt
-5 to TTT attorneys that probably would have done better on the LSAT with 4 tries but instead gave birth to this fetus waste by "attending TTT law schools."
and lastly
+15 to Answers LSAT score so he can at least have an argument for him being superior or smarter than the average lay person in his company.
Last edited by LSAT>LDAC on Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

farthing_harvard

New

Post by farthing_harvard » Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote: Image
What's open in your other google chrome window? :lol:
How to Take a Screenshot, NYTimes, and Play.fm Miss Kittin DJ set (I like her music)
Yeah, but what tabs are open in the other window?
I just told you...Play.fm Miss Kittin DJ set. When you open play fm and want to play a DJ set, it opens up a new window.

farthing_harvard

New

Post by farthing_harvard » Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:we're are going to need both of you to picwhore. simultaneously.
How's the LSAT studying going?

farthing_harvard

New

Post by farthing_harvard » Sun May 27, 2012 7:43 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:Honestly, it depends upon your definition of lay person. First, let's do just that--define: merriam-webster states, "a person who does not have specialized or professional knowledge of a subject." So, I would say that if you are specialized in X--no matter to what degree--that immediately makes you more knowledgable ie specialized than the lay person who has no knowledge of X. For example, you are a TLSer, which makes everyone who doesn't use TLS a lay person to TLS. What answer23 was trying to say is that the information he acquired on TLS made him specialized compared to those who were giving him bad advice ie lay people.
Here is the proof that you are answer23. Answer23 is the only person I have seen who uses dictionary definitions to support his point:
answer23 wrote:con·se·quence   /ˈkɒnsɪˌkwɛns, -kwəns/ Show Spelled[kon-si-kwens, -kwuhns] Show IPA
noun
1. the effect, result, or outcome of something occurring earlier: The accident was the consequence of reckless driving.

Are you fucking kidding me here. I don’t want to be part of that social circle, because they treated I and all the other staff members like shit before. That’s the consequence.
Don't you notice a difference between the way we construct sentences and how we use language differently? Are you an expert at language comparison? I know the answer to the latter, and it certainly is "no." You are going to be a bad lawyer if you continue down this route. Like I said, message the mods about this. If you aren't going to do it soon, I guess I request it on your behalf unless you choose to stop calling me an alt (notice I'm not even asking you to apologize and retract all your bogus claims).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am

farthing_harvard wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:we're are going to need both of you to picwhore. simultaneously.
How's the LSAT studying going?
Really good actually. Thanks for asking. :mrgreen:

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:31 am

farthing_harvard wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
noun

Don't you notice a difference between the way we construct sentences and how we use language differently? Are you an expert at language comparison? I know the answer to the latter, and it certainly is "no." You are going to be a bad lawyer if you continue down this route. Like I said, message the mods about this. If you aren't going to do it soon, I guess I request it on your behalf unless you choose to stop calling me an alt (notice I'm not even asking you to apologize and retract all your bogus claims).

The point, you're missing it. Even if you are NOT answer, you both are equally stupid in what you post on TLS. I mean seriously, go back and read what shredder quoted you and answer as saying. WHO THE FUCK talks like that dude? You sound like some soon to be law student who thinks that because he got into law school he is now an expert in legal argumentation. And LOL at comparing this to a fucking courtroom case! This is an internet forum and there arent fuckig judges lol I think I remember Beargrls doing something similar. You are still either a complete douchebag or an awesome troll. If you are the latter, then carry on lol

farthing_harvard

New

Post by farthing_harvard » Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 am

RedBirds2011 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
noun

The point, you're missing it. Even if you are NOT answer, you both are equally stupid in what you post on TLS. I mean seriously, go back and read what shredder quoted you and answer as saying. WHO THE FUCK talks like that dude? You sound like some soon to be law student who thinks that because he got into law school he is now an expert in legal argumentation. And LOL at comparing this to a fucking courtroom case! This is an internet forum and there arent fuckig judges lol I think I remember Beargrls doing something similar. You are still either a complete douchebag or an awesome troll. If you are the latter, then carry on lol
I can just as easily say who the fuck talks like shrederrrrrr? And no, I don't think that my law school acceptances have made me any more of an expert on legal argumentation. I do think that some posters here are bad at constructing arguments, and since the assumption is that they'll be lawyers, then I also think that if they continue with their logic, they'll be pretty bad lawyers (unless they prefer just to bully themselves into a win). I have not mentioned anything about a courtroom in this forum. I just recommended that if they can't judge my being an alt correctly, then at least give those who are in power to do so--the mods--the chance to either prove those accusations true or false. Again what makes me a douchebag? For defending answer23's original post? The guy got railed on TLS by those who are most likely guilty of his attitudes. I just sympathize with the guy and would be curious to know whether those that have attacked him have never themselves thought of "lay people who give them bad advice" as "idiots."

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun May 27, 2012 11:07 am

farthing_harvard wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
noun

Here is the proof that you are answer23. Answer23 is the only person I have seen who gets their panties in such a bunch over nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

farthing_harvard wrote:
RedBirds2011 wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:

I can just as easily say who the fuck talks like shrederrrrrr? And no, I don't think that my law school acceptances have made me any more of an expert on legal argumentation. I do think that some posters here are bad at constructing arguments, and since the assumption is that they'll be lawyers, then I also think that if they continue with their logic, they'll be pretty bad lawyers (unless they prefer just to bully themselves into a win). I have not mentioned anything about a courtroom in this forum. I just recommended that if they can't judge my being an alt correctly, then at least give those who are in power to do so--the mods--the chance to either prove those accusations true or false. Again what makes me a douchebag? For defending answer23's original post? The guy got railed on TLS by those who are most likely guilty of his attitudes. I just sympathize with the guy and would be curious to know whether those that have attacked him have never themselves thought of "lay people who give them bad advice" as "idiots."
Chill out answer. Lol Redbirds is right...this isn't a fucking trial. It's a damn internet chat site. When someone says in the Futbol Thread that "Andy Carroll played well tonight," for instance, I don't respond by saying, "You provided no evidence! What evidence do you have? Your case is so weak! You will suck as lawyer!" I'm not trying to prove by any means that you are an alt. Those of us you are trying to talk to already think you are. Even if you prove you're not, which we don't need you to do, you're still a blithering douchebag...which is not much better than an alt of a blithering bitch.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 am

farthing_harvard wrote:
farthing_harvard wrote:

What act should I drop? I'm glad we are on "bro" terms with you, which means that you'd be such a cool bro to defend yourself against my claims. I mean I understand if you can't do it, and if that's the case, then you have no reason to keep claiming I'm an alt. Please, tell TLS how you can sniff out alts.

I can believe there is someone as dumb as answer, but not two people that idiotic.
Remind me to tell the judge that it's all about common sense--I'm sure I will win the case. So you are saying you analyzed answer as a douchebag, which would make me a douchebag if I am alting as him. Then you analyze my defense of him as a whole-hearted agreement with answer, hmm, ok. How is it a fact that I never logged in with him? Did you get the mods to share with you TLS's login history? But OK, if you didn't, I know that you know the truth because it's just common sense. And then you show that my saying of "prove it!" (I don't recall using an exclamation point, but that's stylistic pedantry) as evidence of what? And fake dialogue with what account and how is it fake? How can you not be my fault for example? I mean I am having a dialogue with you. But then again, it's all pretty clear--you really have proven that I am an alt in your world of justice.

Again, let's step back into reality: can you prove that I am alting without using strange reasoning and tenuous evidence? If you want a hint, why don't you complain to the mods about me as an alt? Heck you can even report me, and they'll serve as better arbiters than you. I mean they'll definitely use common sense, but in a slightly different way.
[/quote]

Here is you talking about judges and the courtroom HTH breh

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sun May 27, 2012 11:33 am

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 pm

"Arbiters" is a funny word.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TyrionLannister

Bronze

Post by TyrionLannister » Sun May 27, 2012 12:37 pm

I do believe that farthing (alt or not) arrived ITT fresh off of being burned by radlulz for being a 0L gunner. He has since deleted that post (why farthing? Why go the weak route of deleting your post history?), but it had something to do with 0L prep translating universally from Harvard to schools with different academic atmospheres, such as Yale. Something like that. Regardless, this doesn't need to become about what fathering wrote on another thread, but perhaps he felt the need to white knight answer without fully realizing what he was getting into.

Farthing: It appears that you are new here - This is how TLS works. If people think you are a douche, you get the douche treatment. My recommendation is to research a TLSer named "BearsGrl" and see how repetitive douchy posts are responded to. Now, I'm not saying your posts are, in fact, douchy. However, if the general consensus is that they are, you will be treated as such. Welcome to the world of Internet forums.

By the time you showed up, the general consensus was that answer was a self-absorbed elitist who needed help with the most simple of social situations. True or not, that was the reality that was created ITT. You became guilty by association. Again, welcome to internet forums. It's never too late to admit you were wrong for the white knighting.

TLS: I for one don't think he is an alt. He made that post about Harvard/Yale when I believe answer is going to Georgetown. Plus, answers crumbled into a juvenile name-caller when attacked by TLS, whereas Farthing is still communicating without saying he jizzed on RedBirds sister. Still civil, despite the pressure - unlike answers.

He may not be an alt, but he still might be an imbecile. Only time will tell.

Don't turn into BearsGrl, farthing. I beg of you.

Also, farthing - your first post ITT makes a lot of grand assumptions on how you think others would react in answers position. Just because you think people trying to give unwarrented advice are idiots, just like answers does, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Just because you think people are 'stupid' for asking questions and showing genuine interest in your activities, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Not everyone is that self-absorbed.

edited to eliminate a typo. written on an iPhone with clumsy thumbs...
Last edited by TyrionLannister on Sun May 27, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nihil1315

New

Post by nihil1315 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

farthing_harvard wrote: I do think that some posters here are bad at constructing arguments, and since the assumption is that they'll be lawyers, then I also think that if they continue with their logic, they'll be pretty bad lawyers (unless they prefer just to bully themselves into a win).
I really hope that you continue to use your sound logic while convincing everyone you converse with (except Answer23/yourself) that you're a tool. I'm sure that will take you quite far as a lawyer, since the profession is truly just one long, drawn-out logic game.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Arite. I'm shutting this thing down. Everyone chill the hell out.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Sun May 27, 2012 12:59 pm

In before the lock

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”