I'm deposited at a law school but messed up my UG GPA...

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
futurejdgirl

I'm deposited at a law school but messed up my UG GPA...

Postby futurejdgirl » Wed May 16, 2012 1:37 am

Well I feel pretty depressed. I ended up with a 3.18. It sucks to feel like I wasted four years of my life to end up with a B- average. I'm deposited and got scholarship and I know this won't effect anything law school related (at least I hope), but have any of you ever been in that situation? Bad last semester of undergrad? Has it had any negative effects job/career wise? Couldn't find relevant threads.

bk1

Re: I'm deposited at a law school but messed up my UG GPA...

Postby bk1 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:48 am

I don't know where you go to school, but I'm pretty sure that at most places a 3.18 is not a B- average.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed May 16, 2012 2:29 am

You're probably fine.

How much did it actually drop you?? How bad did you actually do this semester??

If this semester doesnt take you from at or above the median to below the median, they probably wont care.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 am

bk1 wrote:I don't know where you go to school, but I'm pretty sure that at most places a 3.18 is not a B- average.

As one with a 2.79 average I can attest to this fact as I would've loved to have the 3.0 B average when I applied as it would have helped my applications slightly.

futurejdgirl

Postby futurejdgirl » Wed May 16, 2012 3:28 am

Nova wrote:You're probably fine.

How much did it actually drop you?? How bad did you actually do this semester??

If this semester doesnt take you from at or above the median to below the median, they probably wont care.

My lsac gpa already puts me below their median so I doubt that will raise any issues. Im above the lsat median. Will it really harm me? My semester gpa sucks but in my defense, found out one of my parents had cancer at the beginning of this year.

To be safe I checked on tls and the dean of Cornell said in an admissions interview last semester grades will rarely revoke acceptance unless it's due to academic dishonesty.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”