Living at Cornell: On Campus Housing

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
LSHopeful91

Living at Cornell: On Campus Housing

Postby LSHopeful91 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Can anyone speak to the Maplewood apartments? I've seen extensive discussion about Hughes, but a forum search about Maplewood came up with a whole lot of unanswered questions. Any information would be appreciated.

CyLaw

Re: Living at Cornell: On Campus Housing

Postby CyLaw » Sat May 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I liked them. Short 10 min walk to the law school. But they are old with old furniture and out dated kitchens. Also, they are located near woods, so expect bugs. Not bad bugs like roaches or anything, but expect to encounter random woodland bugs like any residence near wood lines. A plus is that because of the woods, I had multiple deer and stag that used to hang out outside my door.

presidentk1

Postby presidentk1 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:40 pm

doesnt cornell have the highest suicide rate out of all the ivys because of how secluded and boring its campus is?

feel free to correct me if wrong, just something i've heard a lot over the past years

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm

presidentk1 wrote:doesnt cornell have the highest suicide rate out of all the ivys because of how secluded and boring its campus is?

feel free to correct me if wrong, just something i've heard a lot over the past years

I think it has a lot more to do with the difficult grading structure. There is a slogan that Cornell is the easiest Ivy to get into and the hardest to get out of. So you have smart kids who have always been successful who end up with less than stellar grades. Sure, the seclusion might have something to do with it. But I think its a minor factor.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”