drbarry987 wrote:Have been trolling the mens mega clothing thread but it seems mostly geared towards 2Ls. For an incoming 1L, how much should I buy now vs. wait? I'm starting my professional wardrobe from absolute scratch. From what I read here so far it sounds like it would be most credited to wait til mid-June for the BB and Nordstrom semi-annual sales and then get:
-Navy Fitz Suit ->get tailored
-Black AE Park Aves & Dark Brown AE Park Aves
-6 BB noniron slims (2 white point collar for suit; 4 white/blue patterned button downs)
-Charcoal, Light Gray and navy regent fit gabardine trousers
-Reversible belt, 6 pairs each of charcoal, brown, navy socks
This sound right? Any need to buy a blazer or a second suit? Am I missing anything? tyia, guys; just trying to knock the clothing stuff out before school starts up.
This is pretty damn spot-on.
I usually give guys this list (a bit trimmed down from yours, buy better quality or just save $):
1. Navy blazer (hip patch pockets, barchetta breast pocket, side vents).
2. Charcoal Flannel suit (hip flap pockets and barchetta breast pocket, side vents). Works well in any situation and the pants can easily be worn with the above blazer.
3. 1 white shirt, 1 blue shirt, 3 blue/white striped shirts. Semi-spread to spread collar with barrel cuffs. OCBDs can come later and straight point collars have no place in a well dressed man’s wardrobe.
4. Brown and black calf captoes.
5. Snuff suede chukka boots.
6. 1 or 2 pairs of Levi's 501 shrink-to-fits.
Just remember: FIT IS KING. & read this blog
. Enjoy being best dressed.