Law school on the undergrad campus?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
DC_Patent_Law

Law school on the undergrad campus?

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:48 pm

For those who have their law school on the undergrad campus, was it a good or bad experience? Pros/cons? Thanks.

cinephile

Re: Law school on the undergrad campus?

Postby cinephile » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:52 pm

It doesn't matter. We never leave the law building except to get food, and that's when we run into the undergrads. They're so carefree and chill on the "beach." I wish I were them.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Vow, even when sharing facilities? Do you guys socialize/date undergrads? I've heard its not a good idea to date fellow law students, might get awkward in class.

cinephile wrote:It doesn't matter. We never leave the law building except to get food, and that's when we run into the undergrads. They're so carefree and chill on the "beach." I wish I were them.

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 pm

It's great. It's nice to see people other than law students.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Pros: You can hit on undergraduate girls. This is nice because UG hot > law school hot; and also because you once you tell them to GTFO, you never have to see them again.

Cons:

Undergrads are often loud and obnoxious. If they have access to your library that is a huge con.

Also, being around them will make you hate 1L even more because you'll realize how much better their life is than yours.
Last edited by bceagles182 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

UC Berkeley 3L here.

I didn't really notice undergrads (aside from walking to school/dealing with parking near school) until the school was remodeled between my 2L and 3L years. Since then it has been really obnoxious because the school is right near the frats and sororities and our upgraded cafe/library/study spaces have been taken over by mobs of undergrads. It is annoying.

However, this would be a dumb reason to not go to Berkeley and would not have made me rethink my choice.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:Vow, even when sharing facilities? Do you guys socialize/date undergrads? I've heard its not a good idea to date fellow law students, might get awkward in class.

Not sure what you mean about sharing facilities. I mean, we're on the same campus but in a separate building, so why would we see them? Also, why would I want to date a boy at best 5 years my junior and at worst 9 years my junior? Not at all appealing.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:Vow, even when sharing facilities? Do you guys socialize/date undergrads? I've heard its not a good idea to date fellow law students, might get awkward in class.

cinephile wrote:It doesn't matter. We never leave the law building except to get food, and that's when we run into the undergrads. They're so carefree and chill on the "beach." I wish I were them.

Do you mean like sharing a rec center? Because srsly, who cares? If you're that annoyed by the undergrads, buy a gym membership. Or do you mean like ug's having access to the law library? Very minor problem at best - most of them don't know it exists and they're not allowed in during finals time here.

I'm the same age as a lot of undergrad seniors, and even then, I don't talk to them. I just never see them really.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 am

bceagles182 wrote:Pros: You can hit on undergraduate girls. This is nice because UG hot > law school hot; and also because you once you tell them to GTFO, you never have to seen them again.

Cons:

Undergrads are often loud and obnoxious. If they have access to your library that is a huge con.

Also, being around them will make you hate 1L even more because you'll realize how much better their life is than yours.

Haha, I LOL'ed at that. Yeah, I don't want to date fellow law students and I've heard that a lot of guys at law schools are pretty dateless because they don't have the time to find a gf and don't want to date a fellow student.
Last edited by DC_Patent_Law on Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Tue May 01, 2012 12:51 am

cinephile wrote:

Not sure what you mean about sharing facilities. I mean, we're on the same campus but in a separate building, so why would we see them? Also, why would I want to date a boy at best 5 years my junior and at worst 9 years my junior? Not at all appealing.

Well, for a guy, that's a good thing :D

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 am

cinephile wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:Vow, even when sharing/swapping facilitiesfluids? Do you guys socialize/date undergrads? I've heard its not a good idea to date fellow law students, might get awkward in class.

Not sure what you mean about sharing/swapping facilitiesfluids.

Lol. This is essentially sex talk, right?

DC_Patent_Law

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Tue May 01, 2012 4:51 pm

LOL, sharing facilities could lead to that! :oops:
So far, I've heard only positives about sharing with an undergrad campus 8)

PDaddy wrote:
cinephile wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:Vow, even when sharing/swapping facilitiesfluids? Do you guys socialize/date undergrads? I've heard its not a good idea to date fellow law students, might get awkward in class.

Not sure what you mean about sharing/swapping facilitiesfluids.

Lol. This is essentially sex talk, right?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”