Cooley 3L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby The Duck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Obvious troll is obvious. I wouldn't brag about the size of Cooley. That's not a good thing. I know people at Harvard that couldn't get JAG. If you really believe that, you've truly been brain washed. You'd also think with dozens of jags going in each year I would have come across one and yet I've never met one from Cooley. Nor have I met an FBI agent that went to Cooley and given their class size every year, that'd be unlikely if Cooley dominated.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 pm

The Duck wrote:Obvious troll is obvious. I wouldn't brag about the size of Cooley. That's not a good thing. I know people at Harvard that couldn't get JAG. If you really believe that, you've truly been brain washed. You'd also think with dozens of jags going in each year I would have come across one and yet I've never met one from Cooley. Nor have I met an FBI agent that went to Cooley and given their class size every year, that'd be unlikely if Cooley dominated.


size mean more people to apply for more jobs. Simple math. So what if someone at Harvard couldn't do that? Huge chunks of Cooley are veterans, maybe that plays into it. I don't know.

oh and yeah I doubt you are important enough for anyone to tell you their lifestory let alone everyone who works for uncle sam. How self important you must be.
Last edited by newguy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lobolawyer
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby lobolawyer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 pm

newguy wrote:
NinerFan wrote:Yeahhhh, JAG isn't something you just waltz into. Ditto FBI and prosecution. Given the size of Cooley, I really doubt people are just casually finding jobs in those fields.


It's really not that hard. People make a lot of assumptions.


I have a friend that went to Cooley and he's employed, so I'm not bashing. However, the above is absurd.

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby bigeast03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

newguy wrote:
lobolawyer wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Nearly 100% as lawyers? I call BS. Only about 58% of grads get full time legal jobs after graduation. I'd imagine it's worse than this at one of the least respected lawl schools in the nation.


Word.

class of 2011 stats. 586/927 were employed in any sort of job. That's 63%. http://placementsummary.abaquestionnair ... eport.aspx. I doubt that the class of 2012 will be 100% employed 9mos. out.


You can't even read. Try to read. (LLM students)

and you added the arbitrary number of months.



Outed as troll. No one would seriously say this about one of the most commonly used metrics for employment.

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby The Duck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

newguy wrote:
The Duck wrote:Obvious troll is obvious. I wouldn't brag about the size of Cooley. That's not a good thing. I know people at Harvard that couldn't get JAG. If you really believe that, you've truly been brain washed. You'd also think with dozens of jags going in each year I would have come across one and yet I've never met one from Cooley. Nor have I met an FBI agent that went to Cooley and given their class size every year, that'd be unlikely if Cooley dominated.


size mean more people to apply for more jobs. Simple math. So what if someone at Harvard couldn't do that? Huge chunks of Cooley are veterans, maybe that plays into it. I don't know.


Cooley's size is small in comparison to the total number of law students. For FBI, it's all of those plus all of the non lawyers.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

lobolawyer wrote:
newguy wrote:
NinerFan wrote:Yeahhhh, JAG isn't something you just waltz into. Ditto FBI and prosecution. Given the size of Cooley, I really doubt people are just casually finding jobs in those fields.


It's really not that hard. People make a lot of assumptions.


I have a friend that went to Cooley and he's employed, so I'm not bashing. However, the above is absurd.


why? If you have a JD and can pass the bar you can apply. More people apply then other schools since we have more people.

Cooley grads are just as qualified as anyone else. Uncle Sam dosn't care where you went to school.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Also you misspelled military on the first page.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:
The Duck wrote:Obvious troll is obvious. I wouldn't brag about the size of Cooley. That's not a good thing. I know people at Harvard that couldn't get JAG. If you really believe that, you've truly been brain washed. You'd also think with dozens of jags going in each year I would have come across one and yet I've never met one from Cooley. Nor have I met an FBI agent that went to Cooley and given their class size every year, that'd be unlikely if Cooley dominated.


size mean more people to apply for more jobs. Simple math. So what if someone at Harvard couldn't do that? Huge chunks of Cooley are veterans, maybe that plays into it. I don't know.


Cooley's size is small in comparison to the total number of law students. For FBI, it's all of those plus all of the non lawyers.


Yes, the largest is still not the majority. Well, duh.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 pm

merc280 wrote:Also you misspelled military on the first page.


great, trying to keep up with all these replies.

So what? I spellcheck in real life.

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby bigeast03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 pm

newguy wrote:Cooley grads are just as qualified as anyone else.


newguy wrote:People make a lot of assumptions.

User avatar
Kikero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby Kikero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm

newguy wrote:
lobolawyer wrote:
newguy wrote:
NinerFan wrote:Yeahhhh, JAG isn't something you just waltz into. Ditto FBI and prosecution. Given the size of Cooley, I really doubt people are just casually finding jobs in those fields.


It's really not that hard. People make a lot of assumptions.


I have a friend that went to Cooley and he's employed, so I'm not bashing. However, the above is absurd.


why? If you have a JD and can pass the bar you can apply. More people apply then other schools since we have more people.

Cooley grads are just as qualified as anyone else. Uncle Sam dosn't care where you went to school.


I'm just curious, but does Uncle Sam care about correct capitalization, grammar, or spelling?

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm

bigeast03 wrote:
newguy wrote:Cooley grads are just as qualified as anyone else.


newguy wrote:People make a lot of assumptions.


yeah. Still stand by it.

You over estimate any difference having a brand name will have.

Uncle Sam dosn't care.

lobolawyer
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby lobolawyer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

newguy wrote:
lobolawyer wrote:
newguy wrote:
NinerFan wrote:Yeahhhh, JAG isn't something you just waltz into. Ditto FBI and prosecution. Given the size of Cooley, I really doubt people are just casually finding jobs in those fields.


It's really not that hard. People make a lot of assumptions.


I have a friend that went to Cooley and he's employed, so I'm not bashing. However, the above is absurd.


why? If you have a JD and can pass the bar you can apply. More people apply then other schools since we have more people.

Cooley grads are just as qualified as anyone else. Uncle Sam dosn't care where you went to school.


I have a friend joining Army JAG post grad. According to him, JAG won't even look your way unless you're top 25% of your class, and that's assuming you have other accolades. I'm not saying Cooley disqualifies you - though it might hurt. I'm saying it is really as hard/competitive as people say.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby The Duck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 pm

newguy wrote:Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.


Necessary =/= sufficient. Maybe this is what held you back on the LSAT.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

merc280 wrote:Also you misspelled military on the first page.


says some freak who thinks he's a merc.

This is a step above texting. There you go. "Merc" Get back on your pills.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm

The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.


Necessary =/= sufficient. Maybe this is what held you back on the LSAT.


160 is a full ride. That is more than enough for almost any job after 3 years of a JD and the bar exam.

If you paid for it, you are just an idiot. Enjoy the debt.

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby bigeast03 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm

newguy wrote:
merc280 wrote:Also you misspelled military on the first page.


says some freak who thinks he's a merc.

This is a step above texting. There you go. "Merc" Get back on your pills.


Is this you trying to use grammar?

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby The Duck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 pm

newguy wrote:
The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.


Necessary =/= sufficient. Maybe this is what held you back on the LSAT.


160 is a full ride. That is more than enough for almost any job after 3 years of a JD and the bar exam.

If you paid for it, you are just an idiot. Enjoy the debt.


I didn't pay for it and I go to a real law school. I hope to God you're a troll. Unfortunately my past interactions with Colley grads suggests you may be for real. :?
Last edited by The Duck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newguy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby newguy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm

The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:
The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.


Necessary =/= sufficient. Maybe this is what held you back on the LSAT.


160 is a full ride. That is more than enough for almost any job after 3 years of a JD and the bar exam.

If you paid for it, you are just an idiot. Enjoy the debt.


I didn't pay for it. I hope to God you're a troll. Unfortunately my past interactions with Colley grads suggests you may be for real. :?


of course I am. you just live in a fake reality. get over it.

To prove this thread don't mean jack. FUCKYOU-FATNIGGER!

User avatar
RedBirds2011
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby RedBirds2011 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm

IBTL, ban

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby The Duck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm

IBTL

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby Ludo! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

newguy wrote:
The Duck wrote:
newguy wrote:Top 25% is more people in larger school than smaller school.
Same for top 1% too.
There you go.


Necessary =/= sufficient. Maybe this is what held you back on the LSAT.


160 is a full ride. That is more than enough for almost any job after 3 years of a JD and the bar exam.

If you paid for it, you are just an idiot. Enjoy the debt.


What about all the Cooley grads with full rides who graduate and never get legal jobs? They're not idiots but people who pay to go to a better school are?

Edit: oh shit ibtl
Last edited by Ludo! on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

newguy wrote:verboten words
Buh bye.

lobolawyer
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Cooley 3L taking questions

Postby lobolawyer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 pm

All this thread was missing was a racist rant. Now it's complete.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests