For Students/Grads that were in top 10/25%...?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
PARTY

Re: For Students/Grads that were in top 10/25%...?

Postby PARTY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm

dingbat wrote:
boredatwork wrote:For example my biggest problem when I first started studying for the LSAT was I kept trying to solve the logic games, when in reality they were not solvable to a great degree.

I think your biggest problem with the LSAT is that you thought logic games were not solvable.
I found every logic game solveable to the extent of the questions asked.
In all fairness, as a kid I often did logic puzzles for fun, do thè logic games were particularly easy for me

yeah, logic games are definitely the easiest section on the LSAT.
Last edited by PARTY on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 pm

PARTY wrote:
dingbat wrote:
boredatwork wrote:For example my biggest problem when I first started studying for the LSAT was I kept trying to solve the logic games, when in reality they were not solvable to a great degree.

I think your biggest problem with the LSAT is that you thought logic games were not solvable.
In all fairness, as a kid I often did logic puzzles for fun, do thè logic games were particularly easy for me

yeah, logic games are DEFINITELY the easiest section on the LSAT.

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic

PARTY

Postby PARTY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm

dingbat wrote:
PARTY wrote:
dingbat wrote:

yeah, logic games are definitely the easiest section on the LSAT.

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic

i realized that after i had posted it. i was being serious.

Detrox

Postby Detrox » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 am

Agree with the above. Logic games are not like law school exams. Logic games are quite solvable, thats the whole point. Use logic to solve distinct questions. Legal questions are much more vague, with legitimate arguments for both sides (policy, statutory interpretation, precedent, etc.). If anything from the LSAT is analogous to traditional law school exams, I'd have to say its the reading comprehension section more than anything else, but even that's a stretch.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”