gw 3L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
zuluwarriors

gw 3L taking questions

Postby zuluwarriors » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:10 am

i've used TLS a bunch in the past 4 years (from 0L to now). mostly posted anon and lurked, but have gotten a ton of helpful advice, information. so, while i'm procrastinating on studying for finals, i'd be happy to answer any questions about gw, law school etc.

woeisme

Re: gw 3L taking questions

Postby woeisme » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:34 am

Go study crim pro!

zuluwarriors

Postby zuluwarriors » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

woeisme wrote:Go study crim pro!

hhahaha - and hence you see why i'm about to fail.

Wily

Postby Wily » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 pm

zuluwarriors wrote:i've used TLS a bunch in the past 4 years (from 0L to now). mostly posted anon and lurked, but have gotten a ton of helpful advice, information. so, while i'm procrastinating on studying for finals, i'd be happy to answer any questions about gw, law school etc.

Hey - I'll bite, if you're still around.

What has been your experience with OCS/getting summer SA's?
What percent of your class made into a V100 or NLJ250 firm?
Is going to GW at sticker (or close to it) worth it in this economy?

zuluwarriors

Postby zuluwarriors » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 am

Wily wrote:
zuluwarriors wrote:i've used TLS a bunch in the past 4 years (from 0L to now). mostly posted anon and lurked, but have gotten a ton of helpful advice, information. so, while i'm procrastinating on studying for finals, i'd be happy to answer any questions about gw, law school etc.

Hey - I'll bite, if you're still around.

What has been your experience with OCS/getting summer SA's?
What percent of your class made into a V100 or NLJ250 firm?
Is going to GW at sticker (or close to it) worth it in this economy?

Haha... super late reply, sorry - after finals, graduation etc. I've had very little time to procrastinate. But now that I'm studying for the bar, I'm on TLS more and more once again.

1. I think top 15-25% and most IP people generally do pretty well.
2. I have no idea, but speculating, I would say around 30%. A good amount of people in specialized fields, such as IP and government contracts, get non-Vault/NLJ firms that pay market as well.
3. I think it depends on how bad you want to go to law school, what your other options are, and whether you're going into a specialized field like IP. I paid sticker at GW and definitely think it was worth it.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”