How full of crap is my new prelaw "advisor"? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
beachbum

Gold

Re: How full of crap is my new prelaw "advisor"?

Post by beachbum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

MTBike wrote:I am not a part of this conversation, but I really hope an MLS striker kicks you right in your disgusting untouched vagina from a full wind-up.

I hate people like you. That is all.
Did you just threaten her with... a soccer player? And from the MLS? What, are all the Premier League players busy? Also, since when did soccer insults become a thing?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
MTBike wrote:
I am not a part of this conversation, but I really hope an MLS striker kicks you right in your disgusting untouched vagina from a full wind-up.

She probably could have been less terse, but the OP's decision to pay for a masters program just because he likes school and having no intention of getting hired in that field is pretty objectively a bad decision.
I fail to see how having a master's in environmental studies/natural resources law/NRM will be useless in my career as an environmental attorney. Do I need the master's? No. But it will help, and I want it. Also this is now the third time I have said that I will use it to teach when I retire.
You're gonna use a 30+ year old degree in an area of study that changes rapidly with technology? My God you couldn't be any more of a K-JD. Go get a damn job and stay off my lawn.

MTBike

Bronze

Post by MTBike » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 pm

beachbum wrote:Did you just threaten her with... a soccer player?
Yes, because I figured a soccer player could kick her vagina much harder than your regular joe.
beachbum wrote:And from the MLS? What, are all the Premier League players busy?
Pfffft, WHO GIVES A SHIT. Soccer blows no matter which horseshit league its being played in.
beachbum wrote: Also, since when did soccer insults become a thing?
Too stupid to even warrant a response.

cucumber_nuthouse

New

Post by cucumber_nuthouse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

IAFG wrote:
cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
MTBike wrote:
I am not a part of this conversation, but I really hope an MLS striker kicks you right in your disgusting untouched vagina from a full wind-up.

She probably could have been less terse, but the OP's decision to pay for a masters program just because he likes school and having no intention of getting hired in that field is pretty objectively a bad decision.
I fail to see how having a master's in environmental studies/natural resources law/NRM will be useless in my career as an environmental attorney. Do I need the master's? No. But it will help, and I want it. Also this is now the third time I have said that I will use it to teach when I retire.
You're gonna use a 30+ year old degree in an area of study that changes rapidly with technology? My God you couldn't be any more of a K-JD. Go get a damn job and stay off my lawn.
I'm chuckling over here. First you tell me to learn all about it from a bookstore, and then you say it's an industry that changes rapidly with technology. If you have no idea what the industry is really like, you should probably not "open your mouth and remove all doubt", as the saying goes. You are showing yourself to be an ignorant bitch. The adults are talking tight now; go play somewhere else.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote: I fail to see how having a master's in environmental studies/natural resources law/NRM will be useless in my career as an environmental attorney. Do I need the master's? No. But it will help, and I want it. Also this is now the third time I have said that I will use it to teach when I retire.
Ask TLS for advice, complain when you get it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
I'm chuckling over here. First you tell me to learn all about it from a bookstore, and then you say it's an industry that changes rapidly with technology. If you have no idea what the industry is really like, you should probably not "open your mouth and remove all doubt", as the saying goes. You are showing yourself to be an ignorant bitch. The adults are talking tight now; go play somewhere else.
No one in any field relies on what they learned on an academic program. You also don't go teach in a field right after 30 years of work in some other field. Honestly wtf are you babbling on about in here.

And I do know what the industry is like, not that it matters since you apparently think you're going to be an academic with a pair of TTT degrees.

cucumber_nuthouse

New

Post by cucumber_nuthouse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:39 pm

rad lulz wrote:
cucumber_nuthouse wrote: I fail to see how having a master's in environmental studies/natural resources law/NRM will be useless in my career as an environmental attorney. Do I need the master's? No. But it will help, and I want it. Also this is now the third time I have said that I will use it to teach when I retire.
I didn't ask for advice on my master's degree decision. I asked about my prelaw advisor.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
I didn't ask for advice on my master's degree decision. I asked about my prelaw advisor.
Doesn't matter.

MTBike

Bronze

Post by MTBike » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 pm

rad lulz wrote:
cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Doesn't matter.
Had sex.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 pm

To add something substantive to the conversation: pre-law advisors are almost universally shitty. Some are worse than others. This guy doesn't sound that bad: extracurriculars really don't play a role in admissions; you really should try to get "real-world" experience before entering law school; and, really, the ONLY thing you should be paying attention to is employment data (though you have to know where to look).

While the bit about L&C being a great school is patently false, L&C is no worse than the other schools you're considering. All of them present a real risk of not only keeping you out of your desired specialty, but of barring you from the profession entirely. And when you're already gambling with your JD, taking out additional loans for an MA seems like a dicey proposition.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

rad lulz wrote:
cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Doesn't matter.
He actually just wanted us to mock his advisor with him.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

While I have been out of undergrad for awhile, I must say my prelaw advisor at the time i was there was actually surprisingly good. She gave a lot of very accurate information and cautionary details about law schools, what to expect, the market, the importance of debt and school tier.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
traehekat wrote:instead of paying for a degree why dont you just learn about it on your own if the personal satisfaction and knowledge is all you care about...

TIL you can get a graduate-level education by googling "how to manage natural resources".
i'll bet you think you are actually going to learn something in law school, too.

i just dont get why someone would pay a substantial amount of money for a degree just for the "knowledge" and "personal satisfaction." i know your response is "i dont expect you to understand," but we both know its really just another way of saying "i know it's stupid but i don't care i just want it!!"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 pm

wtf brah? what was the granola joke?

srfngdd6

Bronze

Post by srfngdd6 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:20 pm

rad lulz wrote:
83% of what should i do threads

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 pm

cucumber_nuthouse wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
MTBike wrote:

Environmental law =/= environmental studies. Barely related at all, in fact.

MTBike

Bronze

Post by MTBike » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:wtf brah? what was the granola joke?
SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 pm

MTBike wrote:
SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN!!!!

+10000000000000

Also, let me reiterate: I am in environmental law right now. Environmental law is incredibly boring. More importantly, other than a basic understanding of statistics, there is virtually no relation to environmental science. It is basically a side area of administrative law.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:41 pm

spleenworship wrote:Also, let me reiterate: I am in environmental law right now. Environmental law is incredibly boring. More importantly, other than a basic understanding of statistics, there is virtually no relation to environmental science. It is basically a side area of administrative law.
Which doesn't bode well since admin law kinda blows

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 pm

quiver wrote:
spleenworship wrote:Also, let me reiterate: I am in environmental law right now. Environmental law is incredibly boring. More importantly, other than a basic understanding of statistics, there is virtually no relation to environmental science. It is basically a side area of administrative law.
Which doesn't bode well since admin law kinda blows
If any of those are anything like legislation and regulation, I'll pass

sawwaverunner

Bronze

Post by sawwaverunner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 am

Only here for granola joke...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”