What apartments to consider for FSU?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
MellowMantis

What apartments to consider for FSU?

Postby MellowMantis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 am

I am visiting FSU next week and wanted to check out some potential apartments. Do any current FSU students have any suggestions for good places to look at? I would like to be closer to the law school and ideally live somewhere that isn't too loud or is not directly next to or across the street from a bar.

MellowMantis

Re: What apartments to consider for FSU?

Postby MellowMantis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Any current students have input?

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:33 pm

If you want proximity, Jefferson Towers is a pretty good deal for the price. Not exactly high class living, but it's about a block and a half from the law school safe, and cheap. I think it might be THE closest apartment building to the law school.

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I checked out the three Phoenix south properties that are directly across from the school and could only see myself considering college wood out of them. I also thought the apartments down call st were ok, Franklin point or something like that. Are these decent options?

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 pm

MellowMantis wrote:I checked out the three Phoenix south properties that are directly across from the school and could only see myself considering college wood out of them. I also thought the apartments down call st were ok, Franklin point or something like that. Are these decent options?

I don't remember much about Collegewood except accidently walking in a side door when trying to cut across streets.

I don't know anything about Franklin Pointe. Jefferson Arms and Jefferson Towers are the most familiar to me, the latter being home to a friend of mine. I usually lived on the west side of campus, so I don't have personal experiences with the others. There a number of apartments, quadplexes, multi-people homes individually owned near there to check out (as opposed to management company owned.).

IIRC, there are school-chartered buses that run to and from campus from various directions and runs by popular off-campus student housing spots and one of them may go by the law school. Food for thought, if you don't want to drive to school.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”