NY bar application question

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

NY bar application question

Postby Allizzwell » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:49 am

I have a question regarding a question on the NY bar application, which might sound silly but would appreciate any thoughts.

Question 7b in the employment section: "Are you now, or have you ever been engaged on your own account or with others in any occupation, business, or profession, other than law, in the State of New York or elsewhere?"

After college, I co-founded a political organization in my home country. However, I do have my full-time job, and I am in no way employed by the organization or get paid from it. In other words, the political organization is not my job, and it is more like an extra-curricular activity of mine. Since Question 7b is located in the employment section, I inferred that the only circumstance under which I should list anything was there is official employment relations. So I assume that it should be fine without mentioning my founding the organization in this question. I would appreciate any advice on my thinking.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”