Question about legal aid hiring

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawlcat4179

Question about legal aid hiring

Postby lawlcat4179 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:15 pm

So, I've got a question for anyone with familiarity with legal aid or other nonprofits that are similar.

I just recently saw a position open up for a paid volunteer at a local organization that is similar to legal aid. I figure that this would be a pretty good gig to have as a 0L, and I'm in the process of applying for it. However, I figure that the position will get a ton of submissions and I don't want to get lost in the sea of applications.

So my question is, should I send an email directly to the executive director, expressing my interest in the organization and how I am going to go to law school? Or would this be seen as a negative? I don't want to come across as creepy or not respectful of their hiring process, but rather as someone who is genuinely interested in the organization (which I am).

Any advice on how I can snag this position would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

steven0241

Re: Question about legal aid hiring

Postby steven0241 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Bump, also interested in Legal Aid hiring.

lawlcat4179

Re: Question about legal aid hiring

Postby lawlcat4179 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm

For what its worth, I emailed the executive director and I wound up getting an interview. Not sure if I'll get the spot or if it helped me get the interview, but it certainly couldn't have hurt me too much.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”