Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:42 am

In another thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178107
posters are saying that anyone with a Phd other than MD who calls themself a "Dr" is a "dueshbag"

So I ask (since they won't answer) Was Dr. King a dueshbag?

Why or why not?

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby lsatcrazy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

ibtl

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:45 am

IBTL - This person has the mental capacity of a small child.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 am

This does not deserve a new thread. The first thread did not deserve to be a thread.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:54 am

A whole bunch of words but not a yes or a no.

Interesting. Scared and of no value, but interesting.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:57 am

chiro wrote:A whole bunch of words but not a yes or a no.

Interesting. Scared and of no value, but interesting.


can we PK this guy early?

Ofta3184
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby Ofta3184 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 am

chiro wrote:In another thread http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 5&t=178107
posters are saying that anyone with a Phd other than MD who calls themself a "Dr" is a "dueshbag"

So I ask (since they won't answer) Was Dr. King a dueshbag?

Why or why not?


No, because any man who accomplished as much as he did during such a short life has the right to put whatever the hell title he wants in front of his name without taking shizzle for it

/thread

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:03 am

Ofta3184 wrote:
chiro wrote:In another thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178107
posters are saying that anyone with a Phd other than MD who calls themself a "Dr" is a "dueshbag"

So I ask (since they won't answer) Was Dr. King a dueshbag?

Why or why not?


No, because any man who accomplished as much as he did during such a short life has the right to put whatever the hell title he wants in front of his name without taking shizzle for it

/thread


So the fact that he was a Rev (the source of the title that everyone magicaly forgets when they want to quote him without mentioning that evil christianity) dosn't mean anything? He might as well have skipped all those years in school?


Better question, if your local pastor calls himself Dr. and has a PhD in religion does that make HIM a "dueshbag"?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 am

Why do you keep saying "dueshbag" and putting it in scare quotes, you weird little man?

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Why do you keep saying "dueshbag" and putting it in scare quotes, you weird little man?


It's because he wants to bring attention to the fact that he keeps spelling DOUCHEBAG wrong.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:12 am

chiro wrote:
Ofta3184 wrote:
chiro wrote:In another thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=178107
posters are saying that anyone with a Phd other than MD who calls themself a "Dr" is a "dueshbag"

So I ask (since they won't answer) Was Dr. King a dueshbag?

Why or why not?


No, because any man who accomplished as much as he did during such a short life has the right to put whatever the hell title he wants in front of his name without taking shizzle for it

/thread


So the fact that he was a Rev (the source of the title that everyone magicaly forgets when they want to quote him without mentioning that evil christianity) dosn't mean anything? He might as well have skipped all those years in school?


Better question, if your local pastor calls himself Dr. and has a PhD in religion does that make HIM a "dueshbag"?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 am

Wouldn't the fact that he plagiarized a good chunk of his doctoral dissertation be more relevant in the conversation about him using the title "Doctor"?

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 am

Christianity isn't scary, HTH.


You're a douche. HTH.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Why do you keep saying "dueshbag" and putting it in scare quotes, you weird little man?


Hahaha. Seriously can we nip this in the bud and get rid of this from the precedent set in Philosopher King v. the people of TLS?

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:17 am

kalvano wrote:Wouldn't the fact that he plagiarized a good chunk of his doctoral dissertation be more relevant in the conversation about him using the title "Doctor"?


You are talking to someone who wants to enroll in the joint "Chiropractic/JD" degree program. It will be hard to reason with him/her.
Last edited by suits00 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 am

kalvano wrote:Wouldn't the fact that he plagiarized a good chunk of his doctoral dissertation be more relevant in the conversation about him using the title "Doctor"?


So you are calling Dr. King a cheat and a fraud?

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 am

All kidding aside, why isn't Dr. Douche banned yet? I've seen people banned way faster for far less.
Last edited by suits00 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 am

chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:Wouldn't the fact that he plagiarized a good chunk of his doctoral dissertation be more relevant in the conversation about him using the title "Doctor"?


So you are calling Dr. King a cheat and a fraud?


If you're going to use the "Doctor" title, then yes.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby bk1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 am

suits00 wrote:All kidding aside, why isn't Dr. Douche banned yet? I've seen people banned way faster for far less.


Yeah, fucking mods, why are they asleep on the job in the middle of the night?

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 am

suits00 wrote:All kidding aside, why isn't Dr. Douche banned yet? I've seen people banned way faster for far less.



Why because others are too scared to discuss the issue (and yet keep insisting on posting out of uncontrollable impulse)?

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 am

kalvano wrote:
chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:Wouldn't the fact that he plagiarized a good chunk of his doctoral dissertation be more relevant in the conversation about him using the title "Doctor"?


So you are calling Dr. King a cheat and a fraud?


If you're going to use the "Doctor" title, then yes.



OK, an honest opinion. Refreshing and rare I can see, but good to see someone is actually capable of it.

Would you say so due to it not being an MD or just due to the alleged plagerism? Would it take both?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:25 am

Which one would be more irritating to you?

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 am

kalvano wrote:Which one would be more irritating to you?


The non-md would irritate him.

This all started when people told him that Chiropractors are not real doctors.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 am

kalvano wrote:Which one would be more irritating to you?



Lots of lawyers are accused of cheating in law school and yet still use the title "lawyer"
Untill the degree is revocated I don't see the difference. The title remains and use of a title at that point is no different than anyone else with same qualifications using it.

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Was Doctor king a dueshbag?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:29 am

chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:Which one would be more irritating to you?



Lots of lawyers are accused of cheating in law school and yet still use the title "lawyer"
Untill the degree is revocated I don't see the difference? The title remains and use of a title at that point is no different than anyone else with same qualifications using it.


Can someone translate for me?




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests