So, for TLSers who made a big cross-country move:
- Did you drive, take the train, rent an RV and make a vacation out of it, or fly?
- Did you do the move with kids and/or pets? Any suggestions?
- Did you hire a mover, use the pod thing, U-Haul it or sell all of your earthly possessions?
For TLSers who will be making this move this summer:
- What do you think of the rv vacation idea? Does anyone know of a company that rents rv with toy hauler space or lets you hitch a car to the rv?
- Have you come across any good deals or discounts on movers, the pod thing, or the like?
I'm thinking of either renting an rv with some other friends with kids and turning the move into a National Lampoon vacay OR driving my car (or selling it and renting a minivan) and camping or staying at cheap hotels along the way. Bad idea? Workable?
I realize it's early yet, but I know August will be here before we know it (I still have no frakking idea what happened to 2011) and the magnitude of this move is really starting to dawn on me.
Any helpful advice or personal experience stories would be GREATLY appreciated!