Skadden (kind of) Internship

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

What should I Do?

Go for it
80%
Nah
No votes
Hmmmm..interesting....
20%

Total votes: 5

thederangedwang

Skadden (kind of) Internship

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 pm

So my school just sent out an "unique internship" opportunity with a lawyer that works for skadden

basically, the guy is looking for help with research about a book and i would get paid through a company that he owns, not skadden.

however, he does say that i would get invited to all the meetings at skadden....so i guess it's not really a skadden internship, rather, an internship for a guy who works for skadden

do you guys think it's worth considering? or would result in good contacts? unfortunately, the office is not on the east coast where i want to be after graduating

ph14

Re: Skadden (kind of) Internship

Postby ph14 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:43 pm

thederangedwang wrote:So my school just sent out an "unique internship" opportunity with a lawyer that works for skadden

basically, the guy is looking for help with research about a book and i would get paid through a company that he owns, not skadden.

however, he does say that i would get invited to all the meetings at skadden....so i guess it's not really a skadden internship, rather, an internship for a guy who works for skadden

do you guys think it's worth considering? or would result in good contacts? unfortunately, the office is not on the east coast where i want to be after graduating

Take it if you want to build a relationship with the person, just don't expect it to lead to a job at Skadden or to put Skadden on your resume. If you have nothing else to do, you might as well. Having a mentor can be really helpful, especially if you don't have any family members that are lawyers or anyone else to give you advice.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”