grades

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
schand

grades

Postby schand » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Last edited by schand on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guchster

Re: grades

Postby Guchster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:17 pm

schand wrote:Ugh. I don't even know where to begin and perhaps this post will be to vent rather than something substantive. I just got my torts grade back and practically bombed it. I earned an A on both contracts and civil procedure this semester and then boom, B- in torts. I just don't know how it happened. I actually felt the most confident in that class. I know I need to go to my professor and review the exam, but why was Torts such a crap shoot? Have others had the same experience? What should I expect to tell employers? What will employers think when they look at these disparate grades? I am taking Property, Con law and crim law this semester. Should I be particularly careful in any of these classes? I mean, are any of these classes a crapshoot as well? I don't know where I went wrong. This is SO frustrating!!

You should post this instead on the 1L Fall Grade Waiting thread. That's a good place to go and get some support from your fellow 1Ls going through this miserable process. When it comes to grades, most people are sympathetic/supporting/empathetic there, and those that are not usually get in trouble.

I'm a big bitch generally, but I try to play nice there.

I fucked up Torts too. My brain is more of a contracts/civ pro--rule-based brain. Torts is slightly more fluffy of a class imo--you can get away with bullshit, as most of Torts law to me seems bullshit (judges manipulating/inventing the law to justify their gut instincts/emotions/philosphy versus actually applying the law like most of the time in contracts/civ pro). Maybe the professor didn't like your bullshit? Or maybe you ignored instructions/missed huge issues?

I don't even give a fuck to follow up on my Torts grade. Maybe I should....

schand

Re: grades

Postby schand » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks man.. just re-posted.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”