UC Davis 1L Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
in_reverie

UC Davis 1L Taking Questions

Postby in_reverie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Don't think I saw anyone else with a thread up...anyway, fire away with any questions.

Re: UC Davis 1L Taking Questions

Postby 20160810 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 pm

What do you think of the Surrender Nothing Always Indian?

in_reverie

Postby in_reverie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Hahaha, baffled and confused. But considering the state of our construction, I'd say it's still one of the more aesthetically pleasing parts of our building.

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Personally, I prefer the Asbestos Abatement signs.

g-rauf

Postby g-rauf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:52 am

I have an application into Davis right now. I was wondering what you felt the best housing option would be? I married so can only either do campus apartments or live off campus. Thoughts?

in_reverie

Postby in_reverie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Sorry about the late reply. I'm admittedly not too familiar with the on-campus options, but one of those is the Viridian. It's new, clean and have mostly older students, but are pretty overpriced. It's also not directly on campus (a relatively short bike ride), but I'm not sure if they allow those students to even buy parking passes if you wanted to drive.

There are plenty of good off-campus options. If you want something a little quieter, I'd definitely check out West Davis. Glacier Point, Aspen Village, etc. Mostly families and grad students living there.

Also, Davis Wiki is a great resource if you haven't checked that out. The reviews are a great way to filter out the losers.

http://daviswiki.org

g-rauf

Postby g-rauf » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 am

Thank for that. I don't know if you're still around (finals and all) but I wanted to also ask you insight as far as preparing for law school ahead of time and any tips you found helpful. I just was accepted and am planning on attending and wanted to know if you had any recommendation for learning out to outline or briefs or things like that I read about on here but really don't have a good feel for.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”