Best T-14 Social Life?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Re: Best T-14 Social Life?

Postby osgiliath » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:18 am

UVA is regular ol' mid atlantic 4 seasons. Sweating your balls off in the DC-area humidity at the height of summer, and beautiful snowball-fight-style snow in the winter.

Postby bilbobaggins » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Boalt. It's the combination of low competitive atmosphere, people who are attracted to the Bay Area, location in the Bay Area and strong tradition of awesomeness over toolishness. It's not a fratstar atmosphere, but there's a lot of socializing. We have a Bacchus Society.

The weather is decent, but better than the East Coast/Midwest. I'd guess UVA and Duke have better weather.

The weather in UVA is not that much different than the rest of the Mid-Atlantic. Highs in the mid 40's- low 50's and lows from the mid 20's to mid 30's this week.

It's been cold and wet this fall/early winter out here. I like that it actually gets warm in Virginia and there's a nice fall. Berkeley is usually between 55 and 70 all year.

Postby addy11 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 am

All of this wildly inaccurate stereotyping about NYC and misunderstanding its subway systems is making me question what I can actually believe in this thread.

Overall, Berkeley seems to be the winner.

I've partied with a bunch of CLS people and they seem to get out and do fun things, but yes... they come off as very intense. NYU people seem cool, but the sample size is way too small for me to draw any conclusions. UVA students seem to have a ball. All of this is observed from the outside, of course.

Postby 071816 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:37 am

I love sweeping generalizations.

Postby UnitarySpace » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:47 am

dixiecupdrinking wrote:Only a CLS student would think Macdougal Street and West 4th is hipsterville.

Everything south of times square and north of the financial district is hipsterville.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”