I came to St. Mary's law school looking to secure my future.

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
janedoelawstudent

I came to St. Mary's law school looking to secure my future.

Postby janedoelawstudent » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Just to share a feeling so anyone contemplating attending a 4 tier school will understand the thought process of those all ready in rolled. A group of students today were talking about WHY. Why they came to law school. Many said: "to find a professional career," "to make a lot of money," and a single mom said "to secure my future." Sadly, she explained that she does not fell more secure by attaining her law degree. She said she feels less secure than ever. Everyone in the group agreed whether it was to have a professional career, make a lot of money, or to be secure we have debt up to our eyeballs and no security insight. You need to know how to be able to hit the ground running when you graduate because the new trend is go start your own law firm, because no one is going to hire you from a four tier school unless you are in the top 10-15%. However, we are also told that law school does not teach you to be a lawyer it teaches you to think like a lawyer.

Mantra of the day: I came to law school looking to secure my future, and all I find is a mountain of debt coupled with a mountain of insecurity. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

Master Tofu

Re: I came to St. Mary's law school looking to secure my future.

Postby Master Tofu » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:24 am

Good luck, have fun.

prezidentv8

Re: I came to St. Mary's law school looking to secure my future.

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:41 am

what is this i dont even

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”