1L Club Involvement down 75%

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Do you belong to a club?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 pm

No club participation
20
38%
1 Club
11
21%
2 Clubs
7
13%
3 or more Clubs
14
27%
 
Total votes: 52

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby kwais » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:39 pm

I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm

*shrug* Doing a student practice organization and a journal. Seems to be about normal compared to my classmates.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:05 pm

kwais wrote:I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.

I'm at NYU and I have no idea what OP is talking about. Also, I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

On that note, I don't really think there is a difference between NYU and CLS students. I've had this discussion with some CLS 1Ls, and that seems to be our opinion on it.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby kwais » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
kwais wrote:I think if you are choosing b/n studying and joining clubs (which it appears that OP is doing), then you are doing it wrong. I'm in a handful of clubs, and they are a great way to take a break, do something interesting that is not civ pro, eat free food and meet people. Does OP really go to NYU? If so I think that's hilarious. When I was looking at NYC schools, everyone said that NYU was so much more fun or chill or something (as compared to CLS). Looks like that turned out to be false.

I'm at NYU and I have no idea what OP is talking about. Also, I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

On that note, I don't really think there is a difference between NYU and CLS students. I've had this discussion with some CLS 1Ls, and that seems to be our opinion on it.


I'm inclined to agree

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby Renne Walker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:21 pm

birdlaw117 wrote: I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

Neither do I. I heard a couple times that club participation was way down and that some clubs have no 1L involvement. A club president joked, “what did they say in orientation to scare the hell out of everyone.” That is the extent of what I heard.

If 38% (the end result of this survey) of non-participation is high or normal, no idea.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote: I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

Neither do I. I heard a couple times that club participation was way down and that some clubs have no 1L involvement. A club president joked, “what did they say in orientation to scare the hell out of everyone.” That is the extent of what I heard.

If 38% (the end result of this survey) of non-participation is high or normal, no idea.

Okay, stop fucking deleting this post and then resubmitting it. I'm tired of this thread appearing at the top of my recent posts page.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L Club Involvement down 75%

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote: I'm not entirely sure what OP is including in "clubs". Does that include all the various PI organizations/intramural sports/other random clubs? I really don't know.

Neither do I. I heard a couple times that club participation was way down and that some clubs have no 1L involvement. A club president joked, “what did they say in orientation to scare the hell out of everyone.” That is the extent of what I heard.

If 38% (the end result of this survey) of non-participation is high or normal, no idea.

Stop making retarded polls.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest