Banned from law review for being a douche?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Iloveyaourt

Banned from law review for being a douche?

Postby Iloveyaourt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:26 pm

If someone (non editor, 3L or 2L) on law review thinks you're a douche, then could you be bared from law review even if you grade on?
Last edited by Iloveyaourt on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kahechsof

Re: Banned from law review for being a douche?

Postby kahechsof » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Doubt it. But you will still be a douche. Just a law review douche. Which is actually quite common.

Iloveyaourt

Postby Iloveyaourt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

I see. This is a pure hypothetical and my over-analyzing things and thinking of worst case senarios.

I know some 1Ls are sucking up to law review people; so, I was wondering what would happen even if they don't like you.

kahechsof

Postby kahechsof » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Iloveyaourt wrote:
I know some 1Ls are sucking up to law review people.

Sound like douches. they'll fit right in.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Iloveyaourt wrote:I know some 1Ls are sucking up to law review people;

Those are objectively bad people. Don't worry about what they're doing.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I was under the impression that write ons for law review were anonymous at schools to prevent this

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:12 pm

dreakol wrote:I was under the impression that write ons for law review were anonymous at schools to prevent this

Correct.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm

dreakol wrote:I was under the impression that write ons for law review were anonymous at schools to prevent this

Writing on is anonymous, but some of the current 2L staffers will have a say in who is part of the edboard after them (i.e. people who are 1Ls now). Thus, the people sucking up to Law Review people are not only people gunning for Law Review, but gunning for Law Review edboard two years out.

Ultimate gunning.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Does one get on the board solely through election, or does it depend on the school? How are various positions divvied up?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm

0LNewbie wrote:Does one get on the board solely through election, or does it depend on the school? How are various positions divvied up?

Depends on the school. Here, 2L staffers choose which edboard spots they want to compete for, I think they write a statement saying why they want to do what, and then the 3L edboard goes into a room and doesn't leave until the future edboard is set. Also, each current edboard has their own method for choosing the future edboard, but that information is not passed on. So every year there might be a slightly different mechanism by which the future edboard is chosen. It varies a lot from school to school though. At some law schools, even current 2L staffers have a hand in who gets chosen for the future edboard, which I think is kind of stupid since it seems like too much of a popularity contest. At other schools, the current edboard has a set voting process in place.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”