An italian trying to learn about US fiscal system

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
MattiaLeone

An italian trying to learn about US fiscal system

Postby MattiaLeone » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:15 am

Hello everyone, i'm Mattia, an italian law student and in occasion of my degree speech I will discuss about US fiscal setting.
Where can I get and learn the basics of your fiscal system? Any book, codes, any "getting started" manual.
(Also referred to sentences from Supreme Court).

Thank you.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Re: An italian trying to learn about US fiscal system

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:14 pm

crumb cake wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_po ... ted_States

Savage.

mds79

Postby mds79 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:29 pm

MattiaLeone wrote:Hello everyone, i'm Mattia, an italian law student and in occasion of my degree speech I will discuss about US fiscal setting.
Where can I get and learn the basics of your fiscal system? Any book, codes, any "getting started" manual.
(Also referred to sentences from Supreme Court).

Thank you.

If "fiscal" means the same in Italian as it does in Spanish, OP is asking about the U.S. criminal justice system, not the U.S. financial system. A fiscal is a public prosecutor, kind of like a district attorney.

OP, your question is difficult to answer because there isn't a unified criminal justice system in the U.S.; there are literally hundreds of separate systems, from federal to state to county to city. Most commonly, crimes are prosecuted by district attorneys with jurisdiction over one or more counties (a local governmental subdivision within a state). See the Los Angeles County District Attorney's website for example: http://da.co.la.ca.us/

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Mattia,

Se non caspisce i post inglesi benissimo, gli altri sono confusi sopra il significato della parola "fiscal". In inglese, "fiscal" significa qualcosa del mondo commerciale, ma in spagnolo, "fiscal" significa qualcosa del sistema criminale.

Non sono esperto, ma se lo vuole, me puo' mandare un messaggio privato qui.

MattiaLeone

Postby MattiaLeone » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 am

Thank you for answering me, there was a misunderstanding about the meaning of the word "fiscal". Sorry.
In Italy "fiscale" is something like tax law in US legal system, so my question was about IRS, income tax return, especially about administrative and penal sanctions in case of underreported tax return.

So I'd like to know where can I find an outline for these topics.
Thank you

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”