How many hours...

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Verity

How many hours...

Postby Verity » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 am

...of the following do people at your school engage in per week? Name your school first.

1. Study
2. Sleep
3. Sex
4. Shower
5. Fun.

yngblkgifted

Re: How many hours...

Postby yngblkgifted » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 am

Verity wrote:...of the following do people at your school engage in per week? Name your school first.

1. Study
2. Sleep
3. Sex
4. Shower
5. Fun.

0L here but I'm pretty sure that sex, sleep and showering will all be considered a part of "fun" once law school begins.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:35 am

yngblkgifted wrote:
Verity wrote:...of the following do people at your school engage in per week? Name your school first.

1. Study
2. Sleep
3. Sex
4. Shower
5. Fun.

0L here but I'm pretty sure that sex, sleep and showering will all be considered a part of "fun" once law school begins.

Largely depends on the week. Law school is not as much work as most people make it sound. I went to a mid-T2 school and ranked in the top 5%. My schedule involved about 40 hours of class time plus study time each week (both included). When memos were due and around finals my schedule got worse. The week before my memo was due and around two weeks before finals involved 80ish hour weeks. I also worked a bit harder starting around 4-5 weeks before finals. Your other categories filled the rest of my week (128 hours or so other than for the month before finals).

Your work experience in law school will depend on you as a person. I know people who worked 80+ hours a week every week. Some of them did very well while others did poorly. On the same note I know people who worked 40 hours a week or less who were in both ends of the spectrum as well. Smart studying is important, but a lot of studying is not needed for everyone.

Disclaimer: My schedule listed here was my second semester schedule. I worked a bit harder my first semester, especially near the beginning.

Verity

Postby Verity » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

bump. posted late.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”