Rising Harvard 2L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
haus

Re: Rising Harvard 2L taking questions

Postby haus » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
jjjjjjjj wrote:chances grades come before Wednesday?

lol no way, wed is already way earlier than id hoped. that being said, i dont mind you checking incessantly from here on out and letting us no if it does come in early :P

I will say yes, grades will be in before Wednesday, but I will not commit to which Wednesday.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 pm

haus wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

lol no way, wed is already way earlier than id hoped. that being said, i dont mind you checking incessantly from here on out and letting us no if it does come in early :P

I will say yes, grades will be in before Wednesday, but I will not commit to which Wednesday.

lol you do know that they're due this wednesday right?

haus

Postby haus » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
haus wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

Although not necessarily relevant here, when I wrote the above, I was thinking of the Douglas Adams quote: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

adameus

Postby adameus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
haus wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

1L grades will be out tomorrow? Are you serious?

jjjjjjjj

Postby jjjjjjjj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

1L grades will be out tomorrow? Are you serious?[/quote]

so they say

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 pm

adameus wrote:1L grades will be out tomorrow? Are you serious?

haha imagine if you didnt read this thread till 5 pm tomorrow. and yeah, HLS sent us an email saying grades due to be posted tomorrow at 5 (which means i should be lining up on myplan by 4:30 :P)

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:39 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:the suspense is killing me. i am leaving work at 5:05 and walking directly to happy hour. i plan on taking 5 shots for every pass i get.

but 10 for every H, amirite?

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:the suspense is killing me. i am leaving work at 5:05 and walking directly to happy hour. i plan on taking 5 shots for every pass i get.

but 10 for every H, amirite?

:lol:

All the 2Ls at my firm have been mocking me for still caring about grades. I'm excited to never have to stress this much about grades ever again.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
adameus wrote:1L grades will be out tomorrow? Are you serious?

haha imagine if you didnt read this thread till 5 pm tomorrow. and yeah, HLS sent us an email saying grades due to be posted tomorrow at 5 (which means i should be lining up on myplan by 4:30 :P)

There is no need to hit myplan for the grades. You can get them on myhls. Save yourself the 500 person queue.

saito816

Postby saito816 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:30 pm

So what are the workout facilities like? Are they at least decent, and is there a separate graduate one or just one combined with the undergrad?

lawschoolconflicted

Postby lawschoolconflicted » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 pm

saito816 wrote:So what are the workout facilities like? Are they at least decent, and is there a separate graduate one or just one combined with the undergrad?

this was on another page that answers part of your question:

adameus wrote:
lawschoolconflicted wrote:Thanks for taking questions! Could you talk about the gym at Harvard and whether students find time to work out (I know this is important for me). Also, is it shared with the undergrad, is it crowded, are there any cool classes offered, is it included in tuition? Thanks again!

There is a gym right on the law school campus (Hemenway Gym). It is however open to the whole school, so there are a good # of undergrads and other grad school students there. It can be somewhat crowded at times, but there are like 4 or 5 other gyms around campus, so I never found it unbearable.

Yes the gym is included in tuition. The classes are also included in tuition. Hemenway has a good selection of daily classes including spinning, yoga, step classes, zumba, etc. I've been to the spin classes a few times and there are always bikes open, however I've also found them kind of easy compared with spinning classes I've done elsewhere. The MAC gym also has a good selection of daily classes and is less than a 10 minute walk from the law school campus.

Here is a link to the Spring/summer schedule of classes at Hemenway. (note: this is reduced from the normal # of classes during the school year).
--LinkRemoved--

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am

saito816 wrote:So what are the workout facilities like? Are they at least decent, and is there a separate graduate one or just one combined with the undergrad?

To answer the other part of your question. In my opinion they are slightly better than decent.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”