Ole miss V waitlist uofh part time

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
LEM2014

Ole miss V waitlist uofh part time

Postby LEM2014 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I want to practice in TX. I am on the waitlist for part time at u of h. My back up that I paid a deposit at is ole miss. I paid there b/c I loved oxford & found the faculty so helpful on both my visit. I prefered it over tech & Baylor. However as i mentioned my ultimate goal is to practice in TX. I'm sick of playing the waiting game on u of h. Im already consodering an LLM. So if I went to ole miss came back & got an LLM in TX after would it be smart of me to go ahead & attend ole miss? Or should I keep waiting on uofh?

mettasutta

Re: Ole miss V waitlist uofh part time

Postby mettasutta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 pm

What are your #'s? Have you thought about retaking in June in hopes of an increased score getting you off the U of Houston waitlist? I'd imagine it would take a great deal more legwork to get to TX from Ole Miss...

LEM2014

Postby LEM2014 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:33 pm

My numbers are 3.8/153 as an economics major undergrad. My LSAT was my downfall I recognize that. But I took it twice and went up from 149 to 153. So I just went ahead & applied. I hadn't considered taking the june again cause i thought it was too late & i definitely don't want to wait another yr. I have good connections w/ firms that I've interned for as an undergrad here in TX. And worst case I could possibly transfer w/ my 1st yr grades?

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Ole Miss put 7 people into Texas from the class of 2009. If you really want to practice in Texas I would take the LSAT a 3rd time. You shouldn't attend Ole Miss unless you could see yourself living in Mississippi for an extended period of time.

And don't go in even thinking about transferring is what the sages on her are going to say.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

June is not too late, and you have until May 3 to register before you have to pay a late fee. Great GPA, by the way. An increased score will be your best shot of getting an off of the WL. With a high 150s score, you should be fine.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”