Rutgers School of Law, Newark

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
phooey182

Re: Rutgers School of Law, Newark

Postby phooey182 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 am

Lawst wrote:
phooey182 wrote:Hi all, I'm a 2L at Rutgers - Newark. I was offered a partial scholarship when I was accepted. Rutgers pays half my tuition (~$10,000). I entered with 168/3.3 (grad school gpa). I suspect they consider LSAT score much more than GPA when considering scholarship offers. Honestly there's lots of applicant with great GPAs and mediocre LSAT scores. Of course, LSAT really have nothing to do with law or law school, so even if your LSATs aren't stellar, you can still achieve extremely high grades in law school.

If you are offered a merit scholarship, which is based on your grades/LSAT, you will have to maintain a 3.2 GPA or else you lose the scholarship. I haven't had problems maintaining that GPA.

3.2 GPA? Mine from RU-N stipulates 3.0 and it's around half-tuition as well. I guess it's possible they lowered it?

Well hey, maybe they did lower it! It's not hard to maintain a 3.0 average (that's a B). And all 1L classes are on a B curve. Which means most students will receive a B. Yay for free money!

fhuseth

Postby fhuseth » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Does anybody know the best way to find out what row houses are available for rent in Newark right next to the campus? I can't seem to find any info on apartments in the area, except the two fairly expensive, higher end buildings (Eleven80 and Clinton Street Lofts/Union Building).

I've tried craigslist, apartments.com, the rutgers off-campus housing search function on the school's website, but I've had no luck. Any ideas?

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Anyone still follow this thread? Trying to dig up outline/supp advice

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”