FSU 1L giving answers Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
EricBerry

Bronze

Re: FSU 1L giving answers

Post by EricBerry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Can any current students explain your experience with/knowledge of the residency reclassification process? I've discussed the topic with several different people in admissions and I was told that if you complete each of the items in the reclassification guidleines in the required timeframe, you're guaranteed in-state for 2L and 3L years. Now I'm hearing I was lied to and that it is far from guaranteed. What's the deal?

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I'll let you know in a month. I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed. Whoever told you that probably heard of someone who didn't get it but failed to mention that person did not do everything on that list.

EricBerry

Bronze

Post by EricBerry » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:40 pm

procrastinator wrote:I'll let you know in a month. I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed. Whoever told you that probably heard of someone who didn't get it but failed to mention that person did not do everything on that list.
Here's the thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=160924. None of the commenters are FSU students. They're basing their opinions on their knowledge of residency reclassification in general in the state of FL. Do you know any 2Ls/3Ls who've dealt with it?

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 pm

They just opened up the process for the year, so the only ones who could already have a decision would be 3Ls. I don't know any out-of-state 3Ls off hand. I am now a 2L, so I will tell you in a month.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm debating getting a new Macbook Air for law school - the only caveat being the lack of optical drive, which FSU says is a requirement. I'm wondering- did you actually ever have to use the DVD drive this year for any classes, or is everything available online streaming? I'm not sure if this is a "requirement" or a real requirement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

No, they probably just say that in case your legal writing professor's book comes with a CD (which you won't likely use).

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

procrastinator wrote:No, they probably just say that in case your legal writing professor's book comes with a CD (which you won't likely use).
awesome, thanks!

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:18 pm

procrastinator wrote:They just opened up the process for the year, so the only ones who could already have a decision would be 3Ls. I don't know any out-of-state 3Ls off hand. I am now a 2L, so I will tell you in a month.
Definitely keep us posted.

Rararattlers

New

Post by Rararattlers » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Recent grad here if there's any other questions the new 2L can't answer... Good luck to all at FSU! Overall I had a great experience there...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Bill Cosby wrote:
procrastinator wrote:They just opened up the process for the year, so the only ones who could already have a decision would be 3Ls. I don't know any out-of-state 3Ls off hand. I am now a 2L, so I will tell you in a month.
Definitely keep us posted.
I submitted my stuff a day or two before the deadline and got an email the next day stating I was approved for in-state tuition.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”