Howard job prospects?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby BruceWayne » Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Curry wrote:You are a dick. If you can't recognize the idiocy of 0L_Jedi's posts, given how long you've been around here, there's something seriously wrong with you. Moreover, to assert out of nowhere that my sentiments were anti-URM without any inquiry as to the possible alternatives for why I made that post is offensive and uncalled for. Go fuck yourself.


LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.
Last edited by BruceWayne on Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm curious to know what other schools offer comparable opportunities to run ish, be on TV, make it rain, and stomp on haters with their success.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby fatduck » Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Unemployed: 8.3%
Unknown: 8.3%
"Private Sector," no salary reported: 20.5%
"Other," no salary reported: 32.5%

only 38.7% of 2009 graduates have known salaries. you don't find that a little frightening?

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:01 pm

BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.

Curry

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Curry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.

Thats what I'm saying. I didn't say anything about URM's or the strength of Howard's placing ability. I just called out that guy for being a troll which he inarguably was.

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby BruceWayne » Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.



Are you serious? After that racist bullshit you posted ("make it rain on haters")? I thought about nailing your ass for that but it would have been too easy. 0L Jedi didn't make any negative racial comments, he simply provided a somewhat hyperbolic assessment of Howard's reputation. And again you and Curry came in without any positive or useful information--just the typical autoadmit anti URM bullshit that pervades anonymous internet forums.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:12 pm

:shock:

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:13 pm

deltasigbn wrote:Question for those who go to Howard or graduated from there?

I've gotten into quite a few schools (mostly tier 2s) and have been offered some money (not full tuition at any other places), but Howard has offered me full tuition for the first year (and if I can maintain a certain class rank the next 2 years I will have tuition for those years as well) so I can't automatically rule it out just because it's a tier 3. I'm a black URM btw.

Reading this site and doing some other research I found out that Big law firm jobs are available to Howard law graduates and that more firms seem to do on campus interviewing at Howard than quite a few tier 1 schools. What percentage of the class do you think have access to these types of jobs? Can you tell me about the career prospects other than big law? I'll be visiting in a few weeks, but I would really like to hear from either a current student or a former student.

Can you provide me with any info about the school? You can pm me if you want. Thanks.


Ok, let me give you a "politically correct" response to appease these buck-toothed, snot-nosed trolls on this site. As a black "URM," it's been advised that if you have not been accepted into a top-14 law school, then go to Howard (T-14, or Howard or go home). I suggest that you get off of this website because you won't find the answers you are looking for. Call the admissions office, talk to REAL students that are attending the school, on track to graduate from the program and REAL ALUMNI. In my opinion, it wiser to attend Howard (which is not your avereage T-3 school fyi) with a full ride, then to attend a T-2 with partial scholarships. Full rides at Howard are renewable and will even exceed the cost of living at the university! Your goal is to academically flourish in law school, right? While it is difficult to be the top 15% of law school, you only need to be the top 50% of your class to maintain and renew your scholarship. People at Howard want you to succeed and it’s a tight community so you will have the support you need to stay confident and do well in school.

Also, in terms of recruitment and employment, there are always job fairs on campus, exclusive networking opportunities available exclusively for Howard students and summer internships that amazing law firms offer students; opportunities not afforded to students at other institutions. Also, there are some big, prestigious law firms that recruit exclusively from the top 5 law schools and HOWARD! People will hate and say nasty things like “they are only fulfilling diversity quotas” but who gives a damn, it’s an opportunity! Let ‘em hate hate hate hate hate.

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.



How the heck can you call me racist? I'm a black woman...a sista...a colored gal. GTFOH

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Nearly half of the students will fail the bar that they take. Top 20 ish students will get good paying jobs (160-80).

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

0L_Jedi wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.



How the heck can you call me racist? I'm a black woman...a sista...a colored gal. GTFOH


I'm operating under the assumption that you are, in fact, not.

User avatar
johnnyutah
Posts: 1709
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby johnnyutah » Wed May 18, 2011 7:16 pm

0L_Jedi wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.

How the heck can you call me racist? I'm a black woman...a sista...a colored gal. GTFOH

I think he believed that you were intentionally acting like a minstrel character in order to mock black Americans.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Ikki » Wed May 18, 2011 7:17 pm

johnnyutah wrote:
0L_Jedi wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.

How the heck can you call me racist? I'm a black woman...a sista...a colored gal. GTFOH

I think he believed that you were intentionally acting like a minstrel character in order to mock black Americans.


She's doing a good job at it (whether intentional or not).

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:18 pm

johnnyutah wrote:I think he believed that you were intentionally acting like a minstrel character in order to mock black Americans.


Thank you.

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:18 pm

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Mocking black americans?! I didn't realize that I needed to have correct grammar to post a friggin' reply on a forum. I'm a BLACK woman and your assumptions how black people talk or how we are supposed to act truly disgust me.

Curry

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Curry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.



Are you serious? After that racist bullshit you posted ("make it rain on haters")? I thought about nailing your ass for that but it would have been too easy. 0L Jedi didn't make any negative racial comments, he simply provided a somewhat hyperbolic assessment of Howard's reputation. And again you and Curry came in without any positive or useful information--just the typical autoadmit anti URM bullshit that pervades anonymous internet forums.

Really? Jedi actively provided wrong information about Howard's placement ability. She did it in a way that came off as ill informed. Moreover, the style of her post was like that of a four year old. All signs here lead to a troll making fun of people who attend Howard. Concluding from this that the people that called out this "suspicious" behavior are anti-URM is obnoxious and ill-informed.

0L_Jedi wrote:You should be ashamed of yourselves. Mocking black americans?! I didn't realize that I needed to have correct grammar to post a friggin' reply on a forum. I'm a BLACK woman and your assumptions how black people talk or how we are supposed to act truly disgust me.


Its not how BLACK people should act. Its how intelligent members of society ought to comport themselves. When people don't engage in behavior like that, they are generally perceived to be trolls.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Ikki » Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Curry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:LMAO at entering a thread that was made to ask legitimate questions about Howard job prospects to deride someone who gave a positive anecdote of their experience with Howard's reputation, then throwing a tantrum once they got called out for it. If I had a bottle I'd give it to you. :lol: Sorry that you thought this was autoadmit where you'd be congratulated for any anti HBCU/URM sentiments. Although in your defense, tls usually does support that kind of thing.


Uh....are you really suggesting that the original troll post was a sincere "positive anectdote of their experience with Howard's reputation"? That post was arguably the most racist one ITT, and an obvious troll.



Are you serious? After that racist bullshit you posted ("make it rain on haters")? I thought about nailing your ass for that but it would have been too easy. 0L Jedi didn't make any negative racial comments, he simply provided a somewhat hyperbolic assessment of Howard's reputation. And again you and Curry came in without any positive or useful information--just the typical autoadmit anti URM bullshit that pervades anonymous internet forums.

Really? Jedi actively provided wrong information about Howard's placement ability. She did it in a way that came off as ill informed. Moreover, the style of her post was like that of a four year old. All signs here lead to a troll making fun of people who attend Howard. Concluding from this that the people that called out this "suspicious" behavior are anti-URM is obnoxious and ill-informed.

0L_Jedi wrote:You should be ashamed of yourselves. Mocking black americans?! I didn't realize that I needed to have correct grammar to post a friggin' reply on a forum. I'm a BLACK woman and your assumptions how black people talk or how we are supposed to act truly disgust me.


Its not how BLACK people should act. Its how intelligent members of society ought to comport themselves. When people don't engage in behavior like that, they are generally perceived to be trolls.


10 to 1 that Jedi will report you for calling black people trolls.

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

hate, hate, hate , hate, hate. I, Ms. 0L_Jedi, nominate you for "Playa Hater of the Year." I just want you all to truly see yourselves for what you are: ignorant, pompous, idiotic, racist trolls that like to stalk and annoy members on this wonderful little site. To all of the silent viewers of this post about HOWARD EMPLOYMENT, this is why you take everything with a grain of salt. I've given my two cents, they call me wrong, they aren't going to Howard and I'm no expert on this topic either. I'm a 0L like the rest of you. As I mentioned before, do your research OFF this site and with REAL people.

..and did this mofo really try to dissect my lil post to illustrate my "four year old" writing style? LOL. Why don't you do something more productive with your time, like read a book? Bake a pie? STFU, thats right...shuuutt thaa -------------- up! HA!


Yall are such haters and swagg jockers. Took my word "troll" and used it against me. I have nothing to prove. I don't need to write a perfect personal statement/essay about Howard to demonstrate my fabulous writing skillz. Imma do me. don't hate, congratulate.

"Its not how BLACK people should act. Its how intelligent members of society ought to comport themselves. When people don't engage in behavior like that, they are generally perceived to be trolls."

Umm, what? 'scuse me, huh? are you wearing a business suit and reading the wall street journal as you browse this site. I'm extremely intelligent, hunney pie. Don't let the humility fool you. Wow yall have me literally LMAO! hahahaha....idiots. I hope the professor calls on you for the correct answer the first week of school. ROFL
Last edited by 0L_Jedi on Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby fatduck » Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

fatduck wrote:http://www.internationalplayerhaters.com/clearinghouse/?school=howard&show=flow

Unemployed: 8.3%
Unknown: 8.3%
"Private Sector," no salary reported: 20.5%
"Other," no salary reported: 32.5%

only 38.7% of 2009 graduates have known salaries. you don't find that a little frightening?

Curry

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Curry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

I rest my case.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

BruceWayne wrote:Crumpetsandtea outed as an idiot? Hmm not sure why I'm using a question mark...
Me stating that curry is not anti-URM and joking that you and 0L_Jedi seem like the same damn person = me being an idiot? Cool, I'm down to be an idiot then. And just to point out something regarding my initial post--he said nothing about URMs in his post, he just stated that 0L's comment (especially given his/her past posting history) seemed to be completely unhelpful because it was super-exaggerated and unrealistic...thus, troll, and a bad one at that.
Marionberry wrote:I'm curious to know what other schools offer comparable opportunities to run ish, be on TV, make it rain, and stomp on haters with their success.
:lol:
0L_Jedi wrote:How the heck can you call me racist? I'm a black woman...a sista...a colored gal. GTFOH
I AM A MINORITY THEREFORE I CANNOT POSSIBLY PROMOTE NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES ABOUT MY OWN RACE/OTHER RACES. HDU INSINUATE SUCH A THING. (/sarcasm, in case y'all didn't catch that.)

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Ikki » Wed May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

0L_Jedi wrote:
Umm, what? 'scuse me, huh? are you wearing a business suit and reading the wall street journal as you browse this site. I'm extremely intelligent, hunney pie. Don't let the humility fool you. Wow yall have me literally LMAO! hahahaha....idiots. I hope the professor calls on you for the correct answer the first week of school. ROFL


Choosing between Vanderbilt and Howard, you must be the definition of genius!

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

and why all the hatred towards Howard? Since you all are making false assumptions about me, let me make an assumption about you. Since it's an HBCU, maybe the reason why you are hating on Howard is because it is, in fact, an HBCU. All the racism is seeping from your posts...idk, just a thought. Maybe jealousy? HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!


hahaha!
Last edited by 0L_Jedi on Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 7:48 pm

fatduck wrote:
fatduck wrote:http://www.internationalplayerhaters.com/clearinghouse/?school=howard&show=flow

Unemployed: 8.3%
Unknown: 8.3%
"Private Sector," no salary reported: 20.5%
"Other," no salary reported: 32.5%

only 38.7% of 2009 graduates have known salaries. you don't find that a little frightening?


:( Disappointed to find out that this is not a real site.

0L_Jedi
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: Howard job prospects?

Postby 0L_Jedi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Ikki wrote:
0L_Jedi wrote:
Umm, what? 'scuse me, huh? are you wearing a business suit and reading the wall street journal as you browse this site. I'm extremely intelligent, hunney pie. Don't let the humility fool you. Wow yall have me literally LMAO! hahahaha....idiots. I hope the professor calls on you for the correct answer the first week of school. ROFL


Choosing between Vanderbilt and Howard, you must be the definition of genius!


Aren't I lucky! ;)




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests