UChicago ED

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
hoyas2010

UChicago ED

Postby hoyas2010 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:13 am

Is anyone here familiar with Chicago's ED program. I'm wondering what kind of first semester grades one would need to be competitive. To be more specific, what kind of grades from a ~#15 school? Any information would be appreciated.

paulinaporizkova

Re: UChicago ED

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

you mean, from georgetown? also, are you talking about transfer ED or 0L ED?

Sentry

Postby Sentry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:you mean, from georgetown? also, are you talking about transfer ED or 0L ED?

I'm guessing he means transferring from UT/UCLA.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Sentry wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:you mean, from georgetown? also, are you talking about transfer ED or 0L ED?

i got that. just trying to figure out the hoyas reference. also, i'll echo others who came before me, don't transfer unless you have an extremely good reason

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:32 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Sentry wrote:

i got that. just trying to figure out the hoyas reference. also, i'll echo others who came before me, don't transfer unless you have an extremely good reason

Also, just to echo what everyone would say, don't attend a law school intending on transfer after 1L.

hoyas2010

Postby hoyas2010 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 pm

The hoyas name is in reference to undergrad. I've already completed my first semester and have my grades, so I'm not "going" to a school with the intention to transfer. I've got a 3.8 from UCLA and I want to know whether that should be high enough to get me in to uchicago ED. Also, what's the rationale behind not transferring unless there is a very good reason? (aside from the fact that moving across the country blows)

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 am

hoyas2010 wrote:The hoyas name is in reference to undergrad. I've already completed my first semester and have my grades, so I'm not "going" to a school with the intention to transfer. I've got a 3.8 from UCLA and I want to know whether that should be high enough to get me in to uchicago ED. Also, what's the rationale behind not transferring unless there is a very good reason? (aside from the fact that moving across the country blows)

If that's the case, you should have posted in the transfer thread to get more response. Though from Arrow's advice, top 15% would give you a god shot at transferring to UC from UCLA. I say top 10% for ED to UC though.

Disclaimer: I am an 0L, so take this with a grain of salt. Check this out though viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82937

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”