mrwarre85 wrote:What do you think the true expected salary is for someone who is top 25 %? I know its impossible to accurately answer questions like that given all the variables, but what is your best guess?? I'm also wondering how competitive DU is vs CU in Denver and the rest of Colorado. Like top 50% at CU equal chances with top 25% at DU?
Also, how many were in your class? 250 or so?
I am not sure that there is anyway to answer that question. Salary ranges are so broad. If you go work for the PD's office you start in $40's, if you go work for a small firm you could start anywhere between $40-70k. Then there are the few big law jobs out there that range from $105-160. It all just really depends on what kind of work you are going to do and what kind of grades you get. If you have your heart set on big law, then realistically you need to be in the top 10% of the class or higher. I know that this doesn't sound too tough, but keep in mind that all 100% of the class comes in thinking that they can/want to be in the top 10%. In terms of CU vs. DU, I am not sure that there is a huge difference if you are staying in Denver. DU has a good reputation here, and more importantly graduates a lot more people, so you are more likely to run into a lot of DU grads in interviews. That being said, CU is ranked higher and given some preferential treatment depending on the firm. I don't know how to equate percentage class rankings, but would tell you that if you want to get a job at a big firm you need to be top 10% at DU and probably at least in the upper 1/4 at CU. Keep in mind that a lot of people from higher ranked schools want to come to Denver, so many of the big law jobs go to T-20 folks. Hope this gives you a little insight.