Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
zugzwanger
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby zugzwanger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:30 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Anyone have an outline for Trademark Law taught by Jennings? Adjunct, so finding an outline might a long shot.


Isn't it his first year teaching it?

kcdc1
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby kcdc1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Could be. I got the sense that he had taught it before, but not based on anything concrete I suppose.

zugzwanger
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby zugzwanger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:45 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Could be. I got the sense that he had taught it before, but not based on anything concrete I suppose.


Check to see if there are any CTECS on him, I'm pretty sure it's his first, but could be wrong will save you time asking around obviously

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:01 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Do we have a prom? If so, when is it?

Barrister's Ball is Feb 21 at the National Hellenic Museum.

It's nice they can manage to find new places that we haven't been banned from yet.

ghostoftraynor
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby ghostoftraynor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:35 am

Fortunately, Chicago is a big city.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Do we have a prom? If so, when is it?

Barrister's Ball is Feb 21 at the National Hellenic Museum.

It's nice they can manage to find new places that we haven't been banned from yet.

That happened ONE TIME!!

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Lieut Kaffee wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Do we have a prom? If so, when is it?

Barrister's Ball is Feb 21 at the National Hellenic Museum.

It's nice they can manage to find new places that we haven't been banned from yet.

That happened ONE TIME!!


It was epic though. People in handcuffs, vomit on exhibits, ambulances...

And we actually got banned from Soldier's Field as well because an organizer called the woman who worked for the field a cunt. So twice. But only the first one was because people couldn't hold their shit together.

ETA: Do we really censor around here now? Like, seriously? I did not write ***
Last edited by Icculus on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Lieut Kaffee wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Do we have a prom? If so, when is it?

Barrister's Ball is Feb 21 at the National Hellenic Museum.

It's nice they can manage to find new places that we haven't been banned from yet.

That happened ONE TIME!!

My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:10 pm

cunt

Really? It's that one word? Like, is that word really worse than ass clown mother fucker dick sucking piece of shit?

ETA: This is ridiculous. I was trying to relay a story earlier and cannot because of some ridiculous issue of people deciding some words are worse than others? I would think as a group of law students/lawyers/not idiots (for the most part) we would be above this. BK, I want an explanation. I am shocked. SHOCKED I SAY!!

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Cunt
Yep, that's the word I thought it was.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:43 am

Icculus wrote:Like, is that word really worse than ass clown mother fucker dick sucking piece of shit?

Well, yes. Still pretty dumb though.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

Was that the year a not so chill bro went after his old lady physically? Did they kick that retard out?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:59 am

bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

Was that the year a not so chill bro went after his old lady physically? Did they kick that retard out?

Yes, and no.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

Was that the year a not so chill bro went after his old lady physically? Did they kick that retard out?

Yes, and no.

I never met the guy face to face, but told more than a couple people I'd like to beat the shit out of him. Point still stands, and I am in the Chicago area in early May.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:33 pm

bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

Was that the year a not so chill bro went after his old lady physically? Did they kick that retard out?

Yes, and no.

I never met the guy face to face, but told more than a couple people I'd like to beat the shit out of him. Point still stands, and I am in the Chicago area in early May.


He is in NY. I was always shocked nothing came of that.

zugzwanger
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby zugzwanger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Wait what happened?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:59 pm

zugzwanger wrote:Wait what happened?

Dude got Ike Turner on his old lady at a Barristers Ball.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 pm

bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My only wish as a 3L is that Barrister's is as fucking ridiculous this year as it was when we got banned from the Planetarium.

/wistfulsigh

Was that the year a not so chill bro went after his old lady physically? Did they kick that retard out?

Yes, and no.

I never met the guy face to face, but told more than a couple people I'd like to beat the shit out of him. Point still stands, and I am in the Chicago area in early May.

I think he's graduated already and I never knew him personally, so IDK if he's still in Chicago. We should def get some food/booze with dany/mal/ludo/etc when you're in town, though!!

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I think he's graduated already and I never knew him personally, so IDK if he's still in Chicago. We should def get some food/booze with dany/mal/ludo/etc when you're in town, though!!

in

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 pm

bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I think he's graduated already and I never knew him personally, so IDK if he's still in Chicago. We should def get some food/booze with dany/mal/ludo/etc when you're in town, though!!

in



Can I be etc?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Hell yes, you can

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13589
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 pm

Icculus wrote:He is in NY. I was always shocked nothing came of that.

The best part is Cliff told everyone involved that he would punish him, they just might not know how. Which reminds me: Cliff is a fuck stick.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby franklyscarlet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:28 am

bjsesq wrote:Hell yes, you can


Most excellent. Same phone number. Let me know plans.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:43 am

hey dudes are there any transfer students itt/on the forum, generally? please PM/don't quote. thanks

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 am

bjsesq wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I think he's graduated already and I never knew him personally, so IDK if he's still in Chicago. We should def get some food/booze with dany/mal/ludo/etc when you're in town, though!!

in

I wanna come! But Mal would probably prefer I didn't.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests