Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Georgia Avenue wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Sup guys? long time no talk :-)

Also, is it stupid to take evidence and ethics and not trial ad for the extra credit?


nah not that stupid if you have no interest in trial. it's a lot of work, plus ITA ethics is a giant pain in the ass.


too bad it's literally the only required class after 1L ;-)

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Take ethics as a 2L. An easy curved class as 3L is asKing for a B.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 pm

DF, will you just tell me what classes I should take next year to get a 4.33 GPA? TYIA.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Take ethics as a 2L. An easy curved class as 3L is asKing for a B.


It is ENTIRELY possible to get a B in ethics as a 2L. TRUST ME.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Take ethics as a 2L. An easy curved class as 3L is asKing for a B.


Or a D.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:02 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:DF, will you just tell me what classes I should take next year to get a 4.33 GPA? TYIA.


Well I wouldn't know how to get dat 4.33. But I can tell you which profs give auto A's. Remind me via email when you are picking classess.

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 am

Degrees have been conferred for graduates apparently. Does anyone know if coif is supposed to show up on the transcript if you get it?

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby traehekat » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 pm

eliekedourie wrote:Degrees have been conferred for graduates apparently. Does anyone know if coif is supposed to show up on the transcript if you get it?


Are diplomas mailed or do you have to pick them up?

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 pm

traehekat wrote:
eliekedourie wrote:Degrees have been conferred for graduates apparently. Does anyone know if coif is supposed to show up on the transcript if you get it?


Are diplomas mailed or do you have to pick them up?



I think mailed. I was referring to the designation on Caesar unofficial transcripts.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 pm

I just got my degree conferred within the last 20 minutes. I checked when you first posted and it wasn't and now it is.

It doesn't list latin honors, so I doubt it'll list coif.

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I just got my degree conferred within the last 20 minutes. I checked when you first posted and it wasn't and now it is.

It doesn't list latin honors, so I doubt it'll list coif.


My degree lists latin honors, but can anyone confirm that coif has been posted to the unofficial transcripts?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm

eliekedourie wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I just got my degree conferred within the last 20 minutes. I checked when you first posted and it wasn't and now it is.

It doesn't list latin honors, so I doubt it'll list coif.


My degree lists latin honors, but can anyone confirm that coif has been posted to the unofficial transcripts?


Either I totally missed it the first time, or it was added later.

User avatar
sidgey
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby sidgey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:DF, will you just tell me what classes I should take next year to get a 4.33 GPA? TYIA.


ITP, independent research project with a professor, contract drafting w sue payne, all these give solid A's

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby traehekat » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Just out of curiosity does anyone know rough rankings?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:26 pm

sidgey wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:DF, will you just tell me what classes I should take next year to get a 4.33 GPA? TYIA.


ITP, independent research project with a professor, contract drafting w sue payne, all these give solid A's

Careful, some ITPs apparently manhandle your GPA.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 pm

traehekat wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone know rough rankings?


IIRC 3.65 was just about median last year.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone know rough rankings?


IIRC 3.65 was just about median last year.

Lol 50% Latin honors. Coif was like 3.9 and 3.97 was top 5%ish.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

bk1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone know rough rankings?


IIRC 3.65 was just about median last year.

Lol 50% Latin honors. Coif was like 3.9 and 3.97 was top 5%ish.


I wonder what median 2-3L grades must be. It's gotta be like 3.75.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby D-hops » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am

eliekedourie wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I just got my degree conferred within the last 20 minutes. I checked when you first posted and it wasn't and now it is.

It doesn't list latin honors, so I doubt it'll list coif.


My degree lists latin honors, but can anyone confirm that coif has been posted to the unofficial transcripts?


Coif has been posted along with other honors to the unofficial transcript.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 pm

bk1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone know rough rankings?


IIRC 3.65 was just about median last year.

Lol 50% Latin honors. Coif was like 3.9 and 3.97 was top 5%ish.


urgh. just when I when I think my grades are getting better.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13510
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Saw the registrar posted the honors stuff.

(1) Summa? Gat damn. Not shocked though.
(2) Coif and magna nearly overlapped. That's an outlier thing right?
(3) A quick eyeball count was about 140 cum laude grads lol.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby splitmuch » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Flips88 wrote:Saw the registrar posted the honors stuff.

(1) Summa? Gat damn. Not shocked though.
(2) Coif and magna nearly overlapped. That's an outlier thing right?
(3) A quick eyeball count was about 140 cum laude grads lol.


Whered you find that?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13510
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Saw the registrar posted the honors stuff.

(1) Summa? Gat damn. Not shocked though.
(2) Coif and magna nearly overlapped. That's an outlier thing right?
(3) A quick eyeball count was about 140 cum laude grads lol.


Whered you find that?

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/registrar/

On the right column

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby splitmuch » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Flips88 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Saw the registrar posted the honors stuff.

(1) Summa? Gat damn. Not shocked though.
(2) Coif and magna nearly overlapped. That's an outlier thing right?
(3) A quick eyeball count was about 140 cum laude grads lol.


Whered you find that?

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/registrar/

On the right column



Ah, thought you meant they posted the coif cutoff, I see what you mean by overlap now though.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby D-hops » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Flips88 wrote:Saw the registrar posted the honors stuff.

(1) Summa? Gat damn. Not shocked though.
(2) Coif and magna nearly overlapped. That's an outlier thing right?
(3) A quick eyeball count was about 140 cum laude grads lol.


Uh, yeah. Usually Magna is around 10-15 students. My class is a bunch of gunners.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 180orDie, Bing [Bot], lwbe and 6 guests