Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby IAFG » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Until grades come out. At that point you'll be laughing your ass off drowning your sorrows with whiskey and xanax.

ftfm

ftfy (i know you better than you know yourself?)

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:42 pm

I officially can no longer function.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I officially can no longer function.


YOu should plan dinner and drinks somewhere.

User avatar
boozehound
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby boozehound » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby krad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:00 pm

boozehound wrote:I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?


lolwut

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 pm

boozehound wrote:I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?

No. But we do have a LARP club in which Desert Fox is star wolf and I'm Falco, firing shot after shot into his G-Diffuser. We need someone to act as Andross' nephew Andrew. You in?

User avatar
bostonian
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bostonian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:44 pm

bjsesq wrote:
boozehound wrote:I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?

No. But we do have a LARP club in which Desert Fox is star wolf and I'm Falco, firing shot after shot into his G-Diffuser. We need someone to act as Andross' nephew Andrew. You in?


I don't think it was ever actually established who was Fox. Kind of an important role.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 pm

bostonian wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
boozehound wrote:I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?

No. But we do have a LARP club in which Desert Fox is star wolf and I'm Falco, firing shot after shot into his G-Diffuser. We need someone to act as Andross' nephew Andrew. You in?


I don't think it was ever actually established who was Fox. Kind of an important role.


Grow your facial hair out more and audition for the role. A full beard would help.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
bostonian wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
boozehound wrote:I play "Candyland" with modified "Sorry" rules, which obviously involves two pieces for each player and two card draws per turn. Does NU have a club for that?

No. But we do have a LARP club in which Desert Fox is star wolf and I'm Falco, firing shot after shot into his G-Diffuser. We need someone to act as Andross' nephew Andrew. You in?


I don't think it was ever actually established who was Fox. Kind of an important role.


Grow your facial hair out more and audition for the role. A full beard would help.

And for god's sake, don't mess up that Arwing.

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Just got my enrollment email, and found out there is a SINGLE MALT SCOTCH CLUB. Now I KNOW I made the right decision!!! :D

Anyone on here a member?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Flustercluck wrote:Just got my enrollment email, and found out there is a SINGLE MALT SCOTCH CLUB. Now I KNOW I made the right decision!!! :D

I tried finding them and they don't seem to exist; but if you want to drink scotch I'll be there.
Last edited by bjsesq on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Flustercluck wrote:Just got my enrollment email, and found out there is a SINGLE MALT SCOTCH CLUB. Now I KNOW I made the right decision!!! :D

Anyone on here a member?


Either it's a myth, it's by invitation by only or something, or it died with models and bottles ITE.

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:Just got my enrollment email, and found out there is a SINGLE MALT SCOTCH CLUB. Now I KNOW I made the right decision!!! :D

Anyone on here a member?


Either it's a myth, it's by invitation by only or something, or it died with models and bottles ITE.


Well damn...

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:Just got my enrollment email, and found out there is a SINGLE MALT SCOTCH CLUB. Now I KNOW I made the right decision!!! :D

Anyone on here a member?


Either it's a myth, it's by invitation by only or something, or it died with models and bottles ITE.


Well damn...

DF and I both drink scotch. I consider myself somewhat of an aficianado (albeit a broke one).

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Want to restart it?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Want to restart it?

Sure.

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Want to restart it?

Sure.


I'm in...

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Want to restart it?

Sure.


I'm in...

We'll talk to student affairs and see what needs to be done.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Want to restart it?

Sure.


I'm in...

We'll talk to student affairs and see what needs to be done.


This makes me want to live withing staggering distance of the LS

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:25 pm

homestyle28 wrote:This makes me want to live withing staggering distance of the LS

I live in River West. The buses get me where I need to go, and I just make sure I'm sober enough to get home. I'm one of the few that don't think living in Streeterville is the best idea for a 1L. I need a chance to decompress, and those tall ass buildings and tourists don't help.

User avatar
bostonian
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bostonian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm

bjsesq wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:This makes me want to live withing staggering distance of the LS

I live in River West. The buses get me where I need to go, and I just make sure I'm sober enough to get home. I'm one of the few that don't think living in Streeterville is the best idea for a 1L. I need a chance to decompress, and those tall ass buildings and tourists don't help.


I actually like being on the 40th floor of my building. While it's right downtown, it feels like more of an escape from everything below to be that high up.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Want to restart it?

Sure.


I'm in...

We'll talk to student affairs and see what needs to be done.

Don't trust them, they're lazy splitters.

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby taw856 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Don't trust them, they're lazy splitters.


Yeah, but collectively several splitters can do the work of almost one normal adult. :lol:

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Would people be willing to post a rough range of what they're paying for rent? Is it tight living on the cost of attendance? How many of you have roomies?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 pm

homestyle28 wrote:Would people be willing to post a rough range of what they're paying for rent? Is it tight living on the cost of attendance? How many of you have roomies?

I have a roomie. We live in a two bedroom loft with a porch and pay 1600 a month.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests