Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
bjsesq wrote:I will be at bar review. The offered shot has been noted and will be collected.

+1


This could get expensive.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Does everyone dress up for halloween bar review? I'm pretty lazy today.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13671
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flips88 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Does everyone dress up for halloween bar review? I'm pretty lazy today.

I think people will but it's weird since it's after Halloween and it's November. Wasn't Halloween bar review before Halloween last year?

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Does everyone dress up for halloween bar review? I'm pretty lazy today.


Last year there were a bunch of people who weren't dressed up.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:02 pm

bjsesq wrote:I will be at bar review. The offered shot has been noted and will be collected.


oh hell yeah.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bk1 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Does everyone dress up for halloween bar review? I'm pretty lazy today.

I think people will but it's weird since it's after Halloween and it's November. Wasn't Halloween bar review before Halloween last year?

It was.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

If I can find a Jabba the hut costume, anyone wanna be slave leiah? Look at you Boo.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Icculus wrote:
Wow.

Heehee, but you're a nice creeper. But do you not remember how we met IRL? I was creeped.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bjsesq » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:If I can find a Jabba the hut costume, anyone wanna be slave leiah? Look at you Boo.


I'm taken for costume combos, breh.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Icculus wrote:
Wow.

Heehee, but you're a nice creeper. But do you not remember how we met IRL? I was creeped.


Wow...I knew you IRL before I figured out who you were on here. Just because I'm a good guesser doesn't make me a creeper. Gchatting you your screen name as I sat next to you in class...that is what made me a creeper.
Last edited by Icculus on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Icculus wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
bjsesq wrote:I will be at bar review. The offered shot has been noted and will be collected.

+1


This could get expensive.

DAT LOAN MONEY

I'm so excited! See y'all at bar review!!!

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If I can find a Jabba the hut costume, anyone wanna be slave leiah? Look at you Boo.


I'm taken for costume combos, breh.


I am sad I will not be seeing you as slave Leia. I bet you can rock a bikini.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 pm

This is the first week that I'm legit sad that hockey practice will keep me from attending Bar Review until January or something.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13671
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Flips88 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:This is the first week that I'm legit sad that hockey practice will keep me from attending Bar Review until January or something.

Do you practice till 2 am?

User avatar
Georgia Avenue
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Georgia Avenue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm

SecReg next semester - choices are Horwich or O'Hara - anyone know who O'Hara is?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 am

Flips88 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:This is the first week that I'm legit sad that hockey practice will keep me from attending Bar Review until January or something.

Do you practice till 2 am?

We practice in Niles, & tonight we got off the ice at 11:10. I'll get home exhausted and sweaty at 12:30 or later, and it would be like 2 by the time I got to the bar tonight.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2314
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 am

Georgia Avenue wrote:SecReg next semester - choices are Horwich or O'Hara - anyone know who O'Hara is?


I think he was new last year....have heard good things about him. I'm planning on taking it with him.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Icculus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
Georgia Avenue wrote:SecReg next semester - choices are Horwich or O'Hara - anyone know who O'Hara is?


I think he was new last year....have heard good things about him. I'm planning on taking it with him.


I have Horwich now, I like him but he talks a mile a minute. I also spend 99% of my time in that class utterly confused.

CreativityKing
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby CreativityKing » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 am

Two questions:

1. Does Kellogg have the same grading scale as the law school, in case I want to take a cross-listed class? I.e., do they give A+/A-, B+/B-, or are they on straight letter grades?

2. What was your favorite bar review Halloween costume?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 am

CreativityKing wrote:Two questions:

1. Does Kellogg have the same grading scale as the law school, in case I want to take a cross-listed class? I.e., do they give A+/A-, B+/B-, or are they on straight letter grades?

2. What was your favorite bar review Halloween costume?


1. Kellogg has a different scale, A/B/C with no pluses or minuses. It's generally harsher than Nlaws. But, cross listed classes generally use the law curve for law students. There are exceptions, and I believe they list that on Caesar somewhere, when you try to register.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Thoughts on 14th Amendment with Hughes + BA with Litvak as a combo next year? Good balance? Will it make me want to /self?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bk1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:08 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Thoughts on 14th Amendment with Hughes + BA with Litvak as a combo next year? Good balance? Will it make me want to /self?


This is like the millionth time you've asked about these 2 profs. /commentaboutneurotic1Ls

14A will be minimal work (large overlap with con law). Litvak seems fairly despised by everyone except Georgia Avenue. No clue on Litvak's BA workload.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm

bk1 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Thoughts on 14th Amendment with Hughes + BA with Litvak as a combo next year? Good balance? Will it make me want to /self?


This is like the millionth time you've asked about these 2 profs. /commentaboutneurotic1Ls

14A will be minimal work (large overlap with con law). Litvak seems fairly despised by everyone except Georgia Avenue. No clue on Litvak's BA workload.

:lol: Well I was mainly asking about them together, since I know 100% I'll be bidding on 14th Amendment and I'm just trying to figure out my second class. Also, I'm trying to procrastinate on researching for the second half of my open memo while still feeling productive. I'll probs just take Litvak to get BA out of the way. Or maybe Corp.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Anyone else want to weigh in on IP/Diamond?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bk1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:Anyone else want to weigh in on IP/Diamond?


People like Diamond as a prof from what I've heard. No idea on ease of grades.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests