Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
rinkrat19

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Jredelman15 wrote:going out for my interview tomorrow. Any suggestions for places to see and things to do? Looking for good bars and restaurants.

Good luck! Try to sit in on a class. Close to campus, local root is good for lunch and Watershed has great cocktails. There's also bar review if you want to see drunk law students.

Where is the bar review held? I would like to meet some current students to get some insight. Also what is the best deep dish pizza place in town? You can't go the Chicago without deep dish.
You can go to Giordano's, Gino's East, or Lou Malnati's. Those seem to be the most-frequently mentioned. I happen to prefer Malnati's, but it's just personal taste at that point.

See PM for Bar Review location.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:Where is the bar review held? I would like to meet some current students to get some insight. Also what is the best deep dish pizza place in town? You can't go the Chicago without deep dish.

I'd recommend Lou's.

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Jredelman15 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Jredelman15 wrote:going out for my interview tomorrow. Any suggestions for places to see and things to do? Looking for good bars and restaurants.

Good luck! Try to sit in on a class. Close to campus, local root is good for lunch and Watershed has great cocktails. There's also bar review if you want to see drunk law students.

Where is the bar review held? I would like to meet some current students to get some insight. Also what is the best deep dish pizza place in town? You can't go the Chicago without deep dish.
You can go to Giordano's, Gino's East, or Lou Malnati's. Those seem to be the most-frequently mentioned. I happen to prefer Malnati's, but it's just personal taste at that point.

See PM for Bar Review location.

Thanks for the invite rinkrat. Looking forward to getting there, not looking forward to the 9 hr drive.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 am

Jredelman15 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:

I;m not sure how much insight you're going to get from students at Halloween Bar review as most people will be very, very intoxicated. But it will be a good time.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 am

Flips88 wrote:Admittedly I've only eaten there once and it was their soft open or whatever, but I got a pulled pork sandwich and the pork was all tough and chewy and kinda bland. Plus the waiter and bartender seemed completely incompetent.

The guy next to us ordered something and waited like 20 mins and asked where it was. Turns out they didn't have what he ordered in stock and they forgot to tell him. They brought out the chef to talk to him and apologize and the chef pulled up a chair and sat down and talked to the guy for like 5 mins. It was a really awkward thing to do.

I really like Local Root! Would recommend the Champagne Chicken sandwich on brioche. Their brioche is DELISH

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Admittedly I've only eaten there once and it was their soft open or whatever, but I got a pulled pork sandwich and the pork was all tough and chewy and kinda bland. Plus the waiter and bartender seemed completely incompetent.

The guy next to us ordered something and waited like 20 mins and asked where it was. Turns out they didn't have what he ordered in stock and they forgot to tell him. They brought out the chef to talk to him and apologize and the chef pulled up a chair and sat down and talked to the guy for like 5 mins. It was a really awkward thing to do.

I really like Local Root! Would recommend the Champagne Chicken sandwich on brioche. Their brioche is DELISH

They brew a mean cup of coffee too.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Hmm never got coffee there. I'll have to try it at some point.

The only downside to LR is that they're pretty expensive on a student budget. But once in a while? NOM. I also kinda wish they put veggies in their sandwiches.

Also, w/r/t bar review - who all is going? I will buy ALL OF YOU a shot. I had a hellish week last week, this bar review is MUCH appreciated.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

The only downside to LR is that they're pretty expensive on a student budget. But once in a while? NOM. I also kinda wish they put veggies in their sandwiches.

Also, w/r/t bar review - who all is going? I will buy ALL OF YOU a shot. I had a hellish week last week, this bar review is MUCH appreciated.
Not I...unless I text on my way home from hockey practice and people are still out. But I don't get home until 12:30, and then I'd have to shower and change and head back up to Lincoln Park.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Hmm never got coffee there. I'll have to try it at some point.

I'm so there. Trying to finish up my parts of my research memo outline tonight so I can meet with my partner in the morning, get it submitted, and then run out to get the rest of my costume.

Anticipated friday morning:

--ImageRemoved--

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 am

franklyscarlet wrote:I'm so there. Trying to finish up my parts of my research memo outline tonight so I can meet with my partner in the morning, get it submitted, and then run out to get the rest of my costume.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a meeting with Susie AND a meeting with my CLR professor to discuss my memo on Friday. It's going to be TERRIBLE. What did you decide to do for your costume? (Feel free to PM/FB/Gchat if you want)

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:I'm so there. Trying to finish up my parts of my research memo outline tonight so I can meet with my partner in the morning, get it submitted, and then run out to get the rest of my costume.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a meeting with Susie AND a meeting with my CLR professor to discuss my memo on Friday. It's going to be TERRIBLE. What did you decide to do for your costume? (Feel free to PM/FB/Gchat if you want)

PM'd!

All I have friday is property so as long as I can peel myself out of bed for an hour and a half, I'm good.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I like shots.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 am

Icculus wrote:I like shots.

I actually think that once upon a time I promised you shots at ASW (back when I was a wee 0L still applying). Quien eres? I will follow through on my earlier promise :D

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 am

Icculus wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Hmm never got coffee there. I'll have to try it at some point.

I like shots.

This intrigues me. I don't think I know who you are IRL.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Icculus wrote:I like shots.

I actually think that once upon a time I promised you shots at ASW (back when I was a wee 0L still applying). Quien eres? I will follow through on my earlier promise :D

excellent.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
Icculus wrote:

I like shots.

This intrigues me. I don't think I know who you are IRL.

I'm pretty sure the only person from your class on here who knows me IRL is Samara.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 am

Icculus wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only person from your class on here who knows me IRL is Samara.

dat curiosity.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, w/r/t bar review - who all is going? I will buy ALL OF YOU a shot. I had a hellish week last week, this bar review is MUCH appreciated.

I don't know what to wear

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 am

Blumpbeef wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, w/r/t bar review - who all is going? I will buy ALL OF YOU a shot. I had a hellish week last week, this bar review is MUCH appreciated.

A costume?

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:

A costume?

Oh, right.

I feel bad, I went out way too much last week and I need to not go out anymore.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
Icculus wrote:

dat curiosity.

8)

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 am

Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Icculus wrote:

dat curiosity.

8)

tl;dr Ic's a creeper who will hunt you down. Seriously.

;-)

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Icculus wrote:

dat curiosity.

8)

tl;dr Ic's a creeper who will hunt you down. Seriously.

;-)

Wow.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I will be at bar review. The offered shot has been noted and will be collected.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

bjsesq wrote:I will be at bar review. The offered shot has been noted and will be collected.

+1

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”