Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
crumpetsandtea

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Bumi wrote:
bdubs wrote:
lgleye wrote:Hi:
I'm starting as a 1L....My section-mates and I have Thomas Brennan for Contracts....... problem is that the SF outline bank doesn't have any outlines for his class..... only thing I see is that he's taught Fed Tax and Tax. Also nothing in the library on past exams.
Can anyone give me some suggestions? or better does anyone have an outline to give-sell? Thanks.

Dude hasn't taught that class in years. I don't think anyone who is currently at the school will have an outline for him.

People keep saying that in this thread. Am I hallucinating that section 2 had him last fall? Are there two Brennans in Caesar?

Are you maybe thinking of Bennett?

Also, Brennan is the cutest and sweetest ever. As is Friedman. And Grove. I pretty much adore all of our section's doctrinal professors (we haven't had a class with Len yet but I assume I'll feel similarly about him).

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Bumi wrote:
bdubs wrote:
I'm starting as a 1L....My section-mates and I have Thomas Brennan for Contracts....... problem is that the SF outline bank doesn't have any outlines for his class..... only thing I see is that he's taught Fed Tax and Tax. Also nothing in the library on past exams.
Can anyone give me some suggestions? or better does anyone have an outline to give-sell? Thanks.

Dude hasn't taught that class in years. I don't think anyone who is currently at the school will have an outline for him.

People keep saying that in this thread. Am I hallucinating that section 2 had him last fall? Are there two Brennans in Caesar?

Section 2 had Brennan for Contracts. And he taught contracts the year before too.

dolfan0516

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, Brennan is the cutest and sweetest ever.

Yeah, cause its not you answering all of his questions.... HAAAAH

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:WTF, I've already lost my Contracts source material text. Left it in RB140 today, I think. *facepalm*

And just outed my real name to anyone who hadn't figured it out yet. Good thing I DGAF.

i thought you were a chick

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 pm

IAFG wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:WTF, I've already lost my Contracts source material text. Left it in RB140 today, I think. *facepalm*

And just outed my real name to anyone who hadn't figured it out yet. Good thing I DGAF.

i thought you were a chick
I am. My email went out about an hour ago.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 pm

cubswin wrote:
Bumi wrote:
bdubs wrote:

Section 2 had Brennan for Contracts. And he taught contracts the year before too.

My bad, I misread something on the website.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 am

lgleye wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

I can give you Bennett contract outlines but I don't think itll do you much good.

Why's that?

Bennett teaches contracts a little backwards by starting with remedies. He also seems to hate the UCC, or at least hates teaching it to 1Ls.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 am

Icculus wrote:
lgleye wrote:
splitmuch wrote:

I can give you Bennett contract outlines but I don't think itll do you much good.

Why's that?

Bennett teaches contracts a little backwards by starting with remedies. He also seems to hate the UCC, or at least hates teaching it to 1Ls.

I can see Brennan's thoughts now "Why the fuck is this guy writing about somebody named Contract Man?!?"

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:00 am

dolfan0516 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Also, Brennan is the cutest and sweetest ever.

Yeah, cause its not you answering all of his questions.... HAAAAH

lol did you get called on today? Nice job if you did. I personally think it's cute that he asks if it's okay to 'have a conversation' with us :mrgreen:

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 am

splitmuch wrote:
I can see Brennan's thoughts now "Why the fuck is this guy writing about somebody named Contract Man?!?"

This cracked me up. So Contract Man swoops on the scene, what would he say? Is that pepper corn valuable consideration?

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:39 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Dude my rent is due tomorrow at the latest, WTF ):

If you have BoA I think loans posted today.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Icculus wrote:

Same for BMO Harris.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Icculus wrote:

Yeah, mine posted this morning. Paid my rent and credit card immediately. Debt on debt on debt, yo

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Refunds are processed the first day of classes every year. This year just happened to be really late in September because of labor day.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:46 pm

rayiner wrote:Refunds are processed the first day of classes every year. This year just happened to be really late in September because of labor day.

Yeah, but I think there was a concern that receiving banks would hold the funds since technically it can take up to 48 hours to post to an account.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 pm

All righty, kind 2Ls and 3Ls... is anyone willing to share their outlines (and whatever else you feel like sharing. Flowcharts? I don't know what else there is.) for:

Redish - CivPro
Nadler - Crim
Murphey - Torts
Narko - CLR (Is there anything useful to share in CLR?)

I have some stuff for Bennett - Contracts already but if yours is particularly awesome I'll take it. (The stuff I have is from Icculus, I think, via Samara.)

I'll even make you cookies IRL, if that's an incentive.

I know it's not outlining time yet, I'm just trying to stay organized.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 am

Does anyone know if NU counts enlisted military experience as work experience? I finished my undergrad after getting out, so it isn't "post-undergraduate WE". So does NU admissions count military service as WE, or does it not count since it was before undergrad?

My only other work experience since graduating is part time work I've done during my full time MBA, so I'm kind of in trouble if my military experience doesn't count.

Thanks guys.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:54 am

mrizza wrote:Does anyone know if NU counts enlisted military experience as work experience? I finished my undergrad after getting out, so it isn't "post-undergraduate WE". So does NU admissions count military service as WE, or does it not count since it was before undergrad?

My only other work experience since graduating is part time work I've done during my full time MBA, so I'm kind of in trouble if my military experience doesn't count.

Thanks guys.

It counts.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 am

bjsesq wrote:
mrizza wrote:Does anyone know if NU counts enlisted military experience as work experience? I finished my undergrad after getting out, so it isn't "post-undergraduate WE". So does NU admissions count military service as WE, or does it not count since it was before undergrad?

Thanks guys.

It counts.

Very good to hear, thanks

lgleye

Postby lgleye » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 am

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm

cubswin wrote:Section 2 had Brennan for Contracts. And he taught contracts the year before too.

No, he didn't.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:13 am

rinkrat19 wrote:All righty, kind 2Ls and 3Ls... is anyone willing to share their outlines (and whatever else you feel like sharing. Flowcharts? I don't know what else there is.) for:

Redish - CivPro
Nadler - Crim
Murphey - Torts
Narko - CLR (Is there anything useful to share in CLR?)

I have some stuff for Bennett - Contracts already but if yours is particularly awesome I'll take it. (The stuff I have is from Icculus, I think, via Samara.)

I'll even make you cookies IRL, if that's an incentive.

I know it's not outlining time yet, I'm just trying to stay organized.
Nobody wants cookies? :|

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I have an outline for Murphy that will actually probably even help you in class bc it's so damn long and thorough. I am just reluctant to give outlines to 1Ls so early in the semester since I don't want to encourage gunning. haha

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I have an outline for Murphy that will actually probably even help you in class bc it's so damn long and thorough. I am just reluctant to give outlines to 1Ls so early in the semester since I don't want to encourage gunning. haha
Oh, I promise I'm not a gunner. :lol: I'm too busy fighting my natural inclination toward extreme laziness to gun.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:I have an outline for Murphy that will actually probably even help you in class bc it's so damn long and thorough. I am just reluctant to give outlines to 1Ls so early in the semester since I don't want to encourage gunning. haha
Oh, I promise I'm not a gunner. :lol: I'm too busy fighting my natural inclination toward extreme laziness to gun.

Sounds like a gunner to me ;)!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”