Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm

They actually just now added the notation of "Dean's List" for Spring to unofficial transcripts.

attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

So more people get Magna than Coif? Hope that you're trolling.

fdsajkfhs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby fdsajkfhs » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

rayiner wrote:Surprise twist: due to rampant grade inflation, Coif is at 3.98.


Source? Also, not funny if it's a joke.

I don't see Dean's List yet.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Of course Ray is joking. There's no way he knows, but even more importantly it's so outrageous that I thought it was pretty obviously a joke.

monstermasher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby monstermasher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Are we 100% sure that honors will show up on unofficial transcripts in caesar?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:13 pm

monstermasher wrote:Are we 100% sure that honors will show up on unofficial transcripts in caesar?

I'm not sure of anything. It should though, right?

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Of course Ray is joking. There's no way he knows, but even more importantly it's so outrageous that I thought it was pretty obviously a joke.

It's not implausible.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 pm

So you already know if you made cum/magna/summa. I don't think Coif shows up on your degree--it's an honor society. You may have to wait a few weeks until the registrar posts the honors roll.

monstermasher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby monstermasher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:21 pm

IAFG wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Of course Ray is joking. There's no way he knows, but even more importantly it's so outrageous that I thought it was pretty obviously a joke.

It's not implausible.


Yes, it's not that insane, but even more importantly it was so lame of a joke that I thought it must have been serious.

attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

If Rayiner is joking, then it is truly a sad day because he has deeply shaken my faith in the reliability of anonymous internet commenting message boards.

monstermasher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby monstermasher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:27 pm

rayiner wrote:So you already know if you made cum/magna/summa. I don't think Coif shows up on your degree--it's an honor society. You may have to wait a few weeks until the registrar posts the honors roll.


Except that moy told at least a few people that he could confirm Coif on June 15.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby D-hops » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

attractive_NUisance wrote:If Rayiner is joking, then it is truly a sad day because he has deeply shaken my faith in the reliability of anonymous internet commenting message boards.


Rayiner is a lot of things, but anonymous is hardly one of them.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

D-hops wrote:
attractive_NUisance wrote:If Rayiner is joking, then it is truly a sad day because he has deeply shaken my faith in the reliability of anonymous internet commenting message boards.


Rayiner is a lot of things, but anonymous is hardly one of them.

Things that Rayiner is:
1) TL;DR
2) not to be trusted with D-Hops in a suit
3) bad at birth control
4) strong on-topic poster; weak lounge poster
5) brilliant wedding planner

attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm

6) Coif tease

attractive_NUisance
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Ok my last post on the topic - they have added graduation honors to Unofficial Transcripts in Caesar. Hope it went well for all, I can finally go back to bar prep in peace.

monstermasher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby monstermasher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Damn. No coif for me. Anyone see Coif posted?

User avatar
gus
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby gus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:51 pm

monstermasher wrote:Damn. No coif for me. Anyone see Coif posted?


yeah. it appears on a line right below summa/magna/cum laude.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Anyone be willing to post the lowest Coif GPA that they know of?

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:06 pm

You can write it in this Google Doc. It's anonymous (even to me) as long as you aren't logged into GMail.

https://docs.google.com/a/nlaw.northwes ... 3I2As/edit

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Lol at rays house husbandry

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Lol at rays house husbandry


Now I know why housewives get fat. I have nothing to do but eat rice krispies treats.

Bar studying is not an option, obv.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 pm

D-hops wrote:
rayiner wrote:Also, generally it's advisable to be normal. However, if you don't exude charisma and energy in your normal state ala D-Hopps, consider punching up the enthusiasm and intensity bit for OCI (without bordering on weirdly intense, of course).


Found this. To be fair, one morning during OCI, I was pretty much exuding alcohol out of my pores. Don't do that.

That was my favorite day of OCI!

D-hops (in a stage whisper):"Holly! I'm SO DRUNK!"

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Has anyone visited/lived in/known anyone living in either 211 E Delaware or 25 E Delaware?

The websites make the buildings look really cool (duh), but most of the reviews I can find online aren't great--although there aren't many reviews and they're mostly dating 2006-2010. And of course there's some reluctance to risk a 'vintage' building. I think that management has changed and the buildings have been redone in the past year or two, but it's not quite clear.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Has anyone visited/lived in/known anyone living in either 211 E Delaware or 25 E Delaware?

The websites make the buildings look really cool (duh), but most of the reviews I can find online aren't great--although there aren't many reviews and they're mostly dating 2006-2010. And of course there's some reluctance to risk a 'vintage' building. I think that management has changed and the buildings have been redone in the past year or two, but it's not quite clear.

They are both in a pretty good area. I don't live far from 25 E Delaware. I get a little bit of money to refer someone if you are interested. My wife and I have really liked our building. It's not fancy by any means, but it's relatively cheap for the area and the management is great (easy to work with, they don't bother the tenants, they are accommodating within reason, etc.).

I don't have personal knowledge of the two buildings that you mentioned though.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 3Ls Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
D-hops wrote:
rayiner wrote:Also, generally it's advisable to be normal. However, if you don't exude charisma and energy in your normal state ala D-Hopps, consider punching up the enthusiasm and intensity bit for OCI (without bordering on weirdly intense, of course).


Found this. To be fair, one morning during OCI, I was pretty much exuding alcohol out of my pores. Don't do that.

That was my favorite day of OCI!

D-hops (in a stage whisper):"Holly! I'm SO DRUNK!"


I like that he had to shave at school after an interview because he forgot.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SowhatsNU, toadymoldstool and 5 guests