Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:45 pm

The NU/U of C joint bar review at the hangup two years ago was a disaster. U of C students were weird as fuck.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Desert Fox wrote:The NU/U of C joint bar review at the hangup two years ago was a disaster. U of C students were weird as fuck.

TBH that is probably the worst possible venue for an event like that. But weird as fuck how? Just awkward? Worse?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The NU/U of C joint bar review at the hangup two years ago was a disaster. U of C students were weird as fuck.

TBH that is probably the worst possible venue for an event like that.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Awkward. U of C kids were playing some game called spoons in the basement and the NW kids were slutting it up on the dance floor. Both sides thought the other was weird as fuck.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Awkward. U of C kids were playing some game called spoons in the basement and the NW kids were slutting it up on the dance floor. Both sides thought the other was weird as fuck.

LOL. To be fair, UChicago is the home of the Scav Hunt. I mean, I loved my time there as an undergrad but I would be the first to attest to the oddballness of a large portion of the student body.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Awkward. U of C kids were playing some game called spoons in the basement and the NW kids were slutting it up on the dance floor. Both sides thought the other was weird as fuck.

How I know that I chose the right school. :lol:

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

you and me are going to get along well.

we're dancing this weekend, right?

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 pm

cactuarX3 wrote: It actually went better than expected thanks to the magic of a combination of Ibuprofen/Tiger Balm/Knee Brace and insoles. Was able to shave off 23 seconds from my last half (small victories guys).

What is this Shamrock Shuffle you're talking about? A 10K with beer afterwards?! DO WANT

Nice!

Also: http://www.shamrockshuffle.com/cms400min/ So, oops it's actually an 8K - don't know why I thought it was a 10K. But there IS free booze afterwards. This year, they gave us ice cold Michelob.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I was actually thinking that we could go to Boystown this Friday :D But IDK any bars down there so I'm trying to figure out where exactly we can go.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

I was actually thinking that we could go to Boystown this Friday :D But IDK any bars down there so I'm trying to figure out where exactly we can go.

wherever! I'm in.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I was actually thinking that we could go to Boystown this Friday :D But IDK any bars down there so I'm trying to figure out where exactly we can go.

The OUTLaw bar review was at Spin on Belmont. I live near it and it looks pretty busy on the weekends.

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:46 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote: It actually went better than expected thanks to the magic of a combination of Ibuprofen/Tiger Balm/Knee Brace and insoles. Was able to shave off 23 seconds from my last half (small victories guys).

What is this Shamrock Shuffle you're talking about? A 10K with beer afterwards?! DO WANT

Nice!

Also: http://www.shamrockshuffle.com/cms400min/ So, oops it's actually an 8K - don't know why I thought it was a 10K. But there IS free booze afterwards. This year, they gave us ice cold Michelob.

Sweet, even less running required then! They also provided beer on the last half I ran but sadly it was only Butt Light...

Let me just say how excited I am by the prospect of running with the best character from 30 rock!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Flips88 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I was actually thinking that we could go to Boystown this Friday :D But IDK any bars down there so I'm trying to figure out where exactly we can go.

The OUTLaw bar review was at Spin on Belmont. I live near it and it looks pretty busy on the weekends.

Sweeeet, maybe that's where we'll start out!! Are there lots of other bars nearby? Other options for locations include Wrigleyville and Division St., if you have suggestions in those areas :D

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:

Nice!

Sweet, even less running required then! They also provided beer on the last half I ran but sadly it was only Butt Light...

Let me just say how excited I am by the prospect of running with the best character from 30 rock!

speaking of things I want in on...

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Flips88 wrote:

Ahaha. I went to Spin once. Crumps and scarlet, I actually recommend Spin because it is a gay club and there is pretty much a 0% chance of being harassed by old men with a jheri curl. I recommend Soundbar if being harassed by old men with a jheri curl is what you're into. Your pelvis will not be lonely if you choose Soundbar.

I recommend Underground - if you would like a 6 girl: 1 super high roller ibanker guy ratio.

Of course, we could also just go to Cesar's for their killer margaritas.

ETA: I also recommend Cesar's for killer margaritas => Spin. Good times will be had.
Last edited by kennethellenparcell on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:

Nice!

speaking of things I want in on...

You guys are on! Can't wait for ASW. :D

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Ahaha. I went to Spin once. Crumps and scarlet, I actually recommend Spin because it is a gay club and there is pretty much a 0% chance of being harassed by old men with a jheri curl. I recommend Soundbar if being harassed by old men with a jheri curl is what you're into. Your pelvis will not be lonely if you choose Soundbar.

I recommend Underground - if you would like a 6 girl: 1 super high roller ibanker guy ratio.

Of course, we could also just go to Cesar's for their killer margaritas.

ETA: I also recommend Cesar's for killer margaritas => Spin. Good times will be had.

YES, I really need advice like this because I'm trying to plan this meetup with 0 knowledge of Chicago. Which I know I've complained to you about like a million times already, but...I'm doing it again because I don't know where we're going to go :oops:

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:11 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: YES, I really need advice like this because I'm trying to plan this meetup with 0 knowledge of Chicago. Which I know I've complained to you about like a million times already, but...I'm doing it again because I don't know where we're going to go :oops:

Well, you are awesome for taking the lead with the planning. I would seriously recommend Cesar's => Spin though. They are fairly close together so it will be easy to stumble over there.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Do any of you guys know what class you're sitting in on on Friday?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Flips88 wrote:Do any of you guys know what class you're sitting in on on Friday?

Any recommendations? I was thinking Property or Crim, to get a sense of what we're going to be taking next year.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Do any of you guys know what class you're sitting in on on Friday?

Any recommendations? I was thinking Property or Crim, to get a sense of what we're going to be taking next year.
I sat in on Property last year. They were talking about easements, which is actually something I had a vague understanding of already from work, so I was able to follow pretty well. I'll probably do a different class this time, for variety.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Well, friday will actually be the last day of those given classes. I'm in Kleinfeld's Crim class. We are done with all the substantive doctrine of the class and we're finishing up with modern trends in criminal law. The last class is supposed to be on the escalation of punishment in criminal law and the death penalty. It'll probably be a lot of philosophical discussion (the prof is finish a PhD in philosophy) about punishment. He's a good lecturer at least.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Uh, did someone say boystown excursion? I have some experience in that area if someone has questions...

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:14 pm

My second to last final is on friday. Where are we all getting fucked up? Boys town is lame for straight doods.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”