Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
traehekat

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm

if anyone has an outline for admin (speta), antitrust (mcginnis), secured trans (francis), crim pro (jacobi), or ethics (muchman) and wants to hook me up, i would greatly appreciate it! email = traehekat@gmail.com

fwiw, i have an outline for BA with horwich if anyone is interested in that.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

traehekat wrote:if anyone has an outline for admin (speta), antitrust (mcginnis), secured trans (francis), crim pro (jacobi), or ethics (muchman) and wants to hook me up, i would greatly appreciate it! email = traehekat@gmail.com

That schedule looks worse than the holocaust. Prepare yo anus for francis exams. They are the hardest I've ever taken, but if its uncurved you'll get an A- at worst.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:if anyone has an outline for admin (speta), antitrust (mcginnis), secured trans (francis), crim pro (jacobi), or ethics (muchman) and wants to hook me up, i would greatly appreciate it! email = traehekat@gmail.com

That schedule looks worse than the holocaust. Prepare yo anus for francis exams. They are the hardest I've ever taken, but if its uncurved you'll get an A- at worst.

yeah its uncurved, thankfully. are all classes with less than 40 students uncurved, or does that just give profs discretion?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

yeah its uncurved, thankfully. are all classes with less than 40 students uncurved, or does that just give profs discretion?

40 or under and it is the professors discretion. Francis is cool though.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

40 or under and it is the professors discretion. Francis is cool though.

ya like i know crim pro is under 40 as well, but i dunno if she has said whether or not it will be curved.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how is NU doing with clerkships? What kinds of resources does it offer to help students who want to clerk after graduation?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm gonna be visiting NU and UChi on Monday the 9th and Tuesday the 10th. Is anyone here willing to have a stranger sleep on their floor Monday night?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but how is NU doing with clerkships? What kinds of resources does it offer to help students who want to clerk after graduation?

The school has an adviser whose primary job duty is to help students find clerkships (she also does some "nontraditional" career advising). I heard that last clerkship season was rough, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the school or just the particular mix of candidates who were applying during that time. The school has a few well connected professors who can help with clerkship apps if you establish a good relationship with them. Overall I think we're on par with the rest of the MVPBDCG group.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 am

bdubs wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but how is NU doing with clerkships? What kinds of resources does it offer to help students who want to clerk after graduation?

The school has an adviser whose primary job duty is to help students find clerkships (she also does some "nontraditional" career advising). I heard that last clerkship season was rough, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the school or just the particular mix of candidates who were applying during that time. The school has a few well connected professors who can help with clerkship apps if you establish a good relationship with them. Overall I think we're on par with the rest of the MVPBDCG group.

Thank you!

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Some of the 0L TLSers are planning on going bar-hopping after the Wigmore Follies show on Friday (April 13th). If any current students are interested in either joining us or giving us advice on which bars to hit up, that'd be awesome!! :mrgreen:

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:38 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Some of the 0L TLSers are planning on going bar-hopping after the Wigmore Follies show on Friday (April 13th). If any current students are interested in either joining us or giving us advice on which bars to hit up, that'd be awesome!! :mrgreen:

Where ever you go, by 12:30 you gotta be drunk and in the line for Hangge Uppe.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Some of the 0L TLSers are planning on going bar-hopping after the Wigmore Follies show on Friday (April 13th). If any current students are interested in either joining us or giving us advice on which bars to hit up, that'd be awesome!! :mrgreen:

Duly noted. :lol:

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Duly noted. :lol:

Warning, this is a bad idea, but a fun bad idea.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

I am severely dance-impaired. :|

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Duly noted. :lol:

Warning, this is a bad idea, but a fun bad idea.

Trust me, I yelp-ed it before I replied. Totally down for blackout-drunk hot mess dancing there. I guess others might not be so stoked though, so we'll see XD
rinkrat19 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Where ever you go, by 12:30 you gotta be drunk and in the line for Hangge Uppe.

See: bolded ^_^

(scoooooooooooooooped, god damnit)

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Doesn't help. :( I'm just sort of paralyzed.

I can, like, waltz and even do a little bit of swing but any sort of regular fun dancing without actual steps and I freeze up. Haven't danced since about 1998.

If you guys want to try to fix me, I am game! (I've seriously considered getting one of the dancing video games, except I don't have any console. Such a loser!)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Doesn't help. :( I'm just sort of paralyzed.

I can, like, waltz and even do a little bit of swing but any sort of regular fun dancing without actual steps and I freeze up. Haven't danced since about 1998.

If you guys want to try to fix me, I am game! (I've seriously considered getting one of the dancing video games, except I don't have any console. Such a loser!)

We will dance together ^_^ it is easy and fun, especially when drunk! Unfortunately I dont know that I'm that great of a dancer either, and I really only know one type of club dancing. But either way, I'll make sure we're both drunk enough that we don't give a fuck :lol:

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I can teach anyone to dance. It's been proven.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

1)what is hangge Uppe?

2) Dancing? what kind? because yes, no matter what.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:1)what is hangge Uppe?

Trashy, dirty dive bar in Chicago that is only advisable to go to if you a) are shit faced and b) don't ever use the bathrooms.

--LinkRemoved--

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:55 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Trashy, dirty dive bar in Chicago that is only advisable to go to if you a) are shit faced and b) don't ever use the bathrooms.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hangge-uppe-chicago-2

This is generally true of any bar open past 2am.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 pm

bk1 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Trashy, dirty dive bar in Chicago that is only advisable to go to if you a) are shit faced and b) don't ever use the bathrooms.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hangge-uppe-chicago-2

This is generally true of any bar open past 2am.

:lol: Hey, she asked, I just paraphrased what I read on Yelp!.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:1)what is hangge Uppe?

Trashy, dirty dive bar in Chicago that is only advisable to go to if you a) are shit faced and b) don't ever use the bathrooms.

--LinkRemoved--

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: :lol: Hey, she asked, I just paraphrased what I read on Yelp!.

I once made the mistake of going to Big City Tap after bar review... never again. :oops:

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”