Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
carsondalywashere

Silver

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Anyone have outlines for Schanzenbach's BA class? I have access to multiple outline banks and can do some quid pro quo.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:46 am

Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

she's great; so is that class. take 100.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

she's great; so is that class. take 100.

Awesome, thank you!

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

NLawProud

New

Postby NLawProud » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 am

carsondalywashere wrote:Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

I took their co-taught legal ethics in business course. Both professors are great and I would imagine that the classes are identical in content.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 am

carsondalywashere wrote:Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

100% take. But try to take global ethics with Muchman and Foster. You won't regret it.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:

100% take. But try to take global ethics with Muchman and Foster. You won't regret it.

Ended up getting Muchman!

Last course question for this semester: should I drop contract drafting for local government practice? I am going to summer in bankruptcy and real estate. I am currently enrolled in bankruptcy and secured with markell, and I have heard those are challenging classes so I am trying to take some easier stuff. Local gov practice sounds super interesting and relevant for real estate. However, I don't know how important it is to take contract drafting before summering. Thoughts? For what it's worth, I have done some contract work at my internship but nothing super extensive.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?