Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
feralinfant

Silver

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Post by feralinfant » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:38 pm

thisisme wrote:
Fitz51 wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:Anyone who has taken Public Corruption and the Law with Sorensen have a good outline??
Dear god please. I'm begging.

Yes, PLEASE! I'll buy you coffee or a beer.
i have no idea what will be on this test.

d cooper

Bronze

Post by d cooper » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:12 am

zugzwanger wrote:
d cooper wrote:New Harry's sandwiches need serious work.
I think they are delicious
I'll partially take back what I said. The cold ham sandwich is dry and bland, but I tried the roast beef and it's pretty good.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:50 am

The Salad tho. Pulled chicken balsamic vin. salad = so good

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:52 am

This barista needs to go.

zugzwanger

Bronze

Post by zugzwanger » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:39 pm

thisisme wrote:
Fitz51 wrote:
simplycatalina wrote:Anyone who has taken Public Corruption and the Law with Sorensen have a good outline??
Dear god please. I'm begging.

Yes, PLEASE! I'll buy you coffee or a beer.
Outline, this class, me need, screen, look.........learn....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

holly45

New

Post by holly45 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Betharl wrote:So, strange question, but is there anywhere near the law school that sells high-quality (not grocery store) ice cream/custard/gelato by the pint/quart? I could be wrong but I don't think Ghiradelli or L'appetito do.
This is a legit question. Both Wholefoods and I think Eataly have gelato by the quart.

hearsay77

Silver

Post by hearsay77 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Fitz51 wrote:
hearsay77 wrote:Whats the best place to look for roommates/shared apartments? Preferably want to live with other law students!
Definitely try the people you get to know at ASW. I know multiple people who went in that direction and were not unhappy about it.
I was unfortunately unable to attend ASW! The facebook group is pretty inactive right now, but hopefully it'll become more active after the deposit deadline. Thanks !

itsme123

New

Post by itsme123 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Has anyone taken Len's Law and Social Change exam? How was it? I'm debating between taking the exam or writing the paper. Also, does anyone have an outline for the class they can send? Thanks!

flyingboy

New

Post by flyingboy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Hey guys, I'm a 1L at HLS and wondering if anyone here had Thomas Brennan and knows how good he's as a teacher? I might be taking Tax with him next semester. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 pm

flyingboy wrote:Hey guys, I'm a 1L at HLS and wondering if anyone here had Thomas Brennan and knows how good he's as a teacher? I might be taking Tax with him next semester. Thanks!
Thomas Brennan is an amazing, sweet, lovable person and I'm fairly sure he's universally adored here (at least among the people I know). I never had him for Tax, although I heard it was a difficult class (none of my friends particularly LIKE tax law though, they mostly took it b/c of him). He's very approachable though.

Redynsje

New

Post by Redynsje » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:03 pm

How long does it take to get from Evanston to the law campus (either by intercampus shuttle or public transportation)?

Redynsje

New

Post by Redynsje » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Also, does anyone have a sample 1L schedule. I know what classes are required, but are the schedules for these classes pretty consistent from year to year?

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 pm

First semester all four 1L sections had the following schedule, but with different classes:

M-W:
8:45-9:40
10:55-11:50
2:35-3:30

Th-F
10:25-11:50
1:30-2:55

Schedules are much different second semester and everyone has two electives so there's much more variation.

I have no idea if this changes year to year

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 pm

This year was the first time 1ls had CLR all at the same time. Not sure if they're keeping that.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Redynsje wrote:How long does it take to get from Evanston to the law campus (either by intercampus shuttle or public transportation)?
the intercampus shuttle is kind of fast because it doesn't make any other stops, but it still takes like 30 minutes.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Redynsje wrote:How long does it take to get from Evanston to the law campus (either by intercampus shuttle or public transportation)?
the intercampus shuttle is kind of fast because it doesn't make any other stops, but it still takes like 30 minutes.
The el takes fucking forever. Metra + el also not a good option from school. idk about express buses.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Do NU students get discounted passes on the metro? If not, how much does it cost you to ride?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:18 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Do NU students get discounted passes on the metro? If not, how much does it cost you to ride?
We get free CTA passes (buses and L). The one drawback is they are only good while class is in session, not the summer.
Depending on how much of the summer you're around, you'll pay $100/mo for an unlimited monthly pass (last I checked) or $2/ride with a Ventra card (which you buy from kiosks at L stations).

Metra is an incomprehensible commuter rail system run on freight lines according to no discernible schedule and no, we don't get discounts on it. But it's more for getting to/from the suburbs than getting around in the city.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:22 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Do NU students get discounted passes on the metro? If not, how much does it cost you to ride?
We get free CTA passes (buses and L). The one drawback is they are only good while class is in session, not the summer.
Depending on how much of the summer you're around, you'll pay $100/mo for an unlimited monthly pass (last I checked) or $2/ride with a Ventra card (which you buy from kiosks at L stations).

Metra is an incomprehensible commuter rail system run on freight lines according to no discernible schedule and no, we don't get discounts on it. But it's more for getting to/from the suburbs than getting around in the city.
so this means we can ride the red line to the law school for free when school is in session? thx for the answers to my dumb questions.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:23 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

so this means we can ride the red line to the law school for free when school is in session? thx for the answers to my dumb questions.
Yes.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

Yes, CTA is all free during the school year. CTA is the buses and the L trains/subways, including the red line.
http://www.transitchicago.com/

Metra is separate, and is not free. Assuming you're not living in a far-flung suburb, you should be able to avoid it entirely.

This is the free CTA pass students get. http://www.transitchicago.com/upass/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:27 pm

no free, you pay for it, whether you use it or not.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Desert Fox wrote:no free, you pay for it, whether you use it or not.
u silly capitalist

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:no free, you pay for it, whether you use it or not.
u silly capitalist
I'm not talking about paying it via taxes or whatever. I mean there is literally a fee collected by the school that they give to the CTA for the pass.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fitz51

Bronze

Post by Fitz51 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
/
LOLwut?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”