Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: Northwestern Students Taking Questions and Challenges

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 pm

D-hops wrote:Uh, did someone say boystown excursion? I have some experience in that area if someone has questions...
I have many questions. Even if we don't end up in boystown on Friday, I've never been there and I REALLY want to go before I leave this time!
Desert Fox wrote:My second to last final is on friday. Where are we all getting fucked up? Boys town is lame for straight doods.
If you have another area you want to go barhopping in, suggest it, otherwise come with us to boystown :D I don't know shit about Chicago nightlife, so I need a good suggestion on where to go, and so far the best/most specific one has been boystown.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 pm

YOU GAIS, I'm getting sick! I came home from Canada late last night, took vacation today to do laundry, and I have a full-on sore throat and fever chills setting in. :cry: :(

This is going to mess with my ASW so much.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:YOU GAIS, I'm getting sick! I came home from Canada late last night, took vacation today to do laundry, and I have a full-on sore throat and fever chills setting in. :cry: :(

get thee to the store. buy:

1) Zicam tabs
2) advil cold and sinus
3) SEVERAL of those smoothie things sold in the fruit area with the naked juice and such. the ones with mega vitamin C.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:37 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:YOU GAIS, I'm getting sick! I came home from Canada late last night, took vacation today to do laundry, and I have a full-on sore throat and fever chills setting in. :cry: :(

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
D-hops wrote:Uh, did someone say boystown excursion? I have some experience in that area if someone has questions...
I have many questions. Even if we don't end up in boystown on Friday, I've never been there and I REALLY want to go before I leave this time!
Here is my breakdown of the main bars in boystown (starting from the south and going north on Halsted):

Lucky Horseshoe: gay strip club, dirty...fun, but dirty.
Spin: tends to skew younger, huge club but often times there is a cover for the shows (dancing is downstairs)
Scarlet: small bar, good music, no real dance floor but the whole bar turns into one at some point
Minibar: a little pretentious for my taste, but it just depends on who you are there with, attractive bartenders
Sidetrack: Largest gay bar in Chicago (one of the largest in the country), go on Sunday or Monday for showtunes, soooo many people.
DS Tequila: good margaritas and some decent food (a little pricy), tends to skew on the lesbian side (but a decent mix)
Roscoe's: suburban wonderland, young crowd, covers on Saturday, dance floor in the back, usually fun
Cocktail: no, just don't
Hydrate: more of a circuit club, late night bar, wooo meth?
Circuit: see cocktail
North end: sports bar, darts and pool

A couple of off halsted gay bars:
The Closet: lesbian bar until sidetrack lets out, then becomes after hours gay bar
Charlie's: country bar until sidetrack lets out, then becomes after hours gay night club
Berlin: mixed crowd dance club until sidetrack lets out, then becomes after hours gay night club

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

D-Hops that is fucking awesome and SO HELPFUL. Thank you!!! I definitely want to hit up boystown on either Friday or Saturday night. You should come out with us :mrgreen:

It seems like Spin and Sidetrack are definitely bars we should hit up, and Scarlet, DS Tequila, and Roscoe's sound cool too.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:02 am

This makes me sad. Never been to Boystown in three visits. :(

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 am

soj wrote:This makes me sad. Never been to Boystown in three visits. :(
Last minute plane ticket? You have no idea how happy I would be if you randomly showed up for ASW. :mrgreen:

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:D-Hops that is fucking awesome and SO HELPFUL. Thank you!!! I definitely want to hit up boystown on either Friday or Saturday night. You should come out with us :mrgreen:

It seems like Spin and Sidetrack are definitely bars we should hit up, and Scarlet, DS Tequila, and Roscoe's sound cool too.
obligatory "a bar... for me?" post.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
soj wrote:This makes me sad. Never been to Boystown in three visits. :(
Last minute plane ticket? You have no idea how happy I would be if you randomly showed up for ASW. :mrgreen:
I considered this idea long enough to look up ticket prices. Not for $450. Wish I could be there, though.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Scarlet, DS Tequila, and Roscoe's sound cool too.
:lol: I will totally buy you a shot at that bar.
soj wrote:I considered this idea long enough to look up ticket prices. Not for $450. Wish I could be there, though.
D: why do airlines want me to be sad so much...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 am

The Closet is on Broadway. I walk by it every time I go to get groceries. It is also next door to a bomb cupcake place. They have a pancake and bacon cupcake.
Last edited by Flips88 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 am

Flips88 wrote:The Closet is on Broadway. I walk by it every time I go to get groceries. It is also next door to a bomb cupcake place.
Constantly announcing why he walks by the place without being asked. We ain't judgin, brah.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:15 am

That cupcake place doesn't happen to stay open until like...2 AM, does it? :lol:

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 am

bjsesq wrote:
Flips88 wrote:The Closet is on Broadway. I walk by it every time I go to get groceries while suppressing my latent homosexual urges. It is also next door to a bomb cupcake place.
Constantly announcing why he walks by the place without being asked. We ain't judgin, brah.
Better now?

But seriously:

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:18 am

Flips88 wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Flips88 wrote:The Closet is on Broadway. I walk by it every time I go to get groceries while suppressing my latent homosexual urges. It is also next door to a bomb cupcake place.
Better now?

But seriously:
I... I want to go to there.

Can we go to there?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 am

It's called Phoebe's Cupcake. They're supposed to be moving a half block north sometime soon, but I don't know when.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 am

Flips88 wrote:It's called Phoebe's Cupcake. They're supposed to be moving a half block north sometime soon, but I don't know when.
/files in list of places she needs to visit someday (along with everything on this list)

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Flips88 wrote:It's called Phoebe's Cupcake. They're supposed to be moving a half block north sometime soon, but I don't know when.
/files in list of places she needs to visit someday (along with everything on this list)
I have been to none of those places :( but have heard great things about Kuma's and Hot Dougs

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:D-Hops that is fucking awesome and SO HELPFUL. Thank you!!! I definitely want to hit up boystown on either Friday or Saturday night. You should come out with us :mrgreen:

On Thursdays Scarlet has $5 40s and $5 pitchers of Long Islands. And beer pong and flip cup at the bar...mmmm, Thursdays.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 am

Flips88 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
I have been to none of those places :( but have heard great things about Kuma's and Hot Dougs
Well, I am here until next Monday and plan on visiting at least a few. If you (or any other Chicago TLSer) want to come with, let me know! (:
D-hops wrote:On Thursdays Scarlet has $5 40s and $5 pitchers of Long Islands. And beer pong and flip cup at the bar...mmmm, Thursdays.
o_o! ...might try and drag some HP folks down to Scarlet with me this Thursday. This sounds awesome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:You guys are on! Can't wait for ASW. :D
Mr. Parcell, any upcoming running events in Chicago we should watch out for? I know it's a little early to ask, but a lot of the cool races here in the Bay Area get filled up months in advance and I don't want to miss out on the cool ones in Chicago

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Flips88 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Kuma's is really damn good. Though I'm not sure I'd consider at as life-altering as others seem to think it is.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:01 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Mr. Parcell, any upcoming running events in Chicago we should watch out for? I know it's a little early to ask, but a lot of the cool races here in the Bay Area get filled up months in advance and I don't want to miss out on the cool ones in Chicago
What kind of distances do you have in mind?

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm

splitmuch wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
What kind of distances do you have in mind?
Anything up to and including a half marathon would be great, although I'm always partial to shorter ones that are fun to run (i.e. Bay to Breakers or Color Run).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”