NYU 3L relaxing...

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Image

Image

BLATANT RAT TROLLING AND I DONT CARE
Last edited by mcweanis on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby thecilent » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Wait are those really yours?!

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 pm

NO mine are cuter. one white one black one white and black. einstein thibault and oreo. I MUST HAVE THEM AT LAW SCHOOL

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby law_monkey » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:56 pm

OMG my mom and I totally used to raise hamsters, guinea pigs, and rabbits for the local pet shop!!! Mcweanis you and I are totally going to be besties, and I will come visit your little friends every single day!!! These rodent haters can keep on hating! :D

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby clintonius » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Rats are the cutest. I'm always sad when I see the pesticide warnings in subway stations, because I like watching the little guys run around on the tracks and play.

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby Renzo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

mcweanis wrote:hello! i'm looking at nyu student housing, since i have no idea about living in NY and don't want to commute. however, i have pets - 2 gerbils in an aquarium and three rats in a wire cage. i know these places say no pets, but do you have any experience of anyone getting around that? who's checking, anyway?


I'd bet you five to one that your roommate would rat you out inside of a week. No pun intended.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby thecilent » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Renzo wrote:
mcweanis wrote:hello! i'm looking at nyu student housing, since i have no idea about living in NY and don't want to commute. however, i have pets - 2 gerbils in an aquarium and three rats in a wire cage. i know these places say no pets, but do you have any experience of anyone getting around that? who's checking, anyway?


I'd bet you five to one that your roommate would rat you out inside of a week. No pun intended.

Haha

I'll admit, those do look kinda cute

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:01 pm

law_monkey wrote:OMG my mom and I totally used to raise hamsters, guinea pigs, and rabbits for the local pet shop!!! Mcweanis you and I are totally going to be besties, and I will come visit your little friends every single day!!! These rodent haters can keep on hating! :D


haha well we should live together then cuz apparently noone else will! seriously though, i need my ratties and i need cheap housing and i need not to commute.. so i dunnnooo

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby somewhere » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Two questions:

1) I noticed in a class during the admitted students days that nobody was using a laptop. Are laptops forbidden in many classes? Most classes? All classes?

2) NYU has several gyms, right? Do any of them have an indoor running track?

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby zanda » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:50 pm

somewhere wrote:Two questions:

1) I noticed in a class during the admitted students days that nobody was using a laptop. Are laptops forbidden in many classes? Most classes? All classes?

2) NYU has several gyms, right? Do any of them have an indoor running track?


1) laptops are forbidden in relatively 2 classes (I've had it happen in 2 classes and I'm a 2nd semester 2L). anecdotally this seems to be less common than at other schools.
2) I'm ashamed to say that I don't do cardio and thus do not know. FWIW though, NYU has 2 gyms. Coles is near the Mercer dorm. Paladium is up by Union Square.

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby somewhere » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Cool, thanks.

Anybody else happen to know whether there's an indoor track?

Or how the two gyms compare otherwise?

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby somewhere » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Ah, I see that Cole does have a 1/6 mile 3-lane track (--LinkRemoved--). Anybody know if Palladium does?

Or how does Cole compare to Palladium otherwise?

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby Renzo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 pm

somewhere wrote:Ah, I see that Cole does have a 1/6 mile 3-lane track (--LinkRemoved--). Anybody know if Palladium does?

Or how does Cole compare to Palladium otherwise?


Palladium is newer and the weight facilities are better, but Coles is adequate. There's no track at Palladium that I am aware of. Both pools are nice, and freezing fucking cold.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby ahduth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Renzo wrote:Palladium is newer and the weight facilities are better, but Coles is adequate. There's no track at Palladium that I am aware of. Both pools are nice, and freezing fucking cold.


Do they really still call it Palladium?

I saw Alex Patterson spin there. They still get decent DJs?

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby somewhere » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 pm

ahduth wrote:
Renzo wrote:Palladium is newer and the weight facilities are better, but Coles is adequate. There's no track at Palladium that I am aware of. Both pools are nice, and freezing fucking cold.


Do they really still call it Palladium?

I saw Alex Patterson spin there. They still get decent DJs?


According to wikipedia, the original Palladium concert hall / nightclub was purchased by NYU, demolished, and rebuilt as a dorm and gym while keeping the same name.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby ahduth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:29 pm

somewhere wrote:
ahduth wrote:
Renzo wrote:Palladium is newer and the weight facilities are better, but Coles is adequate. There's no track at Palladium that I am aware of. Both pools are nice, and freezing fucking cold.


Do they really still call it Palladium?

I saw Alex Patterson spin there. They still get decent DJs?


According to wikipedia, the original Palladium concert hall / nightclub was purchased by NYU, demolished, and rebuilt as a dorm and gym while keeping the same name.


I was joking. But thank you. I don't actually remember much of what happened at the old Palladium anyways. :D

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby re-applicant » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Can anyone speak to the crowds on the basketball courts in Coles?

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 pm

somewhere wrote:According to wikipedia, the original Palladium concert hall / nightclub was purchased by NYU, demolished, and rebuilt as a dorm and gym while keeping the same name.


The bolded is what NYU does to everything in the city, FYI. It's one of the many reasons NYU's neighbors dislike it. (I say that as someone who graduated from there and will more than likely do law school there, too.)

muppet263
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby muppet263 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey,

I'm looking at family housing in the MacDougal Street apartments - one of the university's low-rise buildings. Unfortunately, unlike Mercer/D'Ag there's only one picture online and no way to see the apartment before move-in day.

Do any current student have experience with MacDougal Street? Would you recommend it? Even better - any chance you might have some photos?

Thanks!

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby somewhere » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Can anybody say what a typical 1L class schedule looks like? I mean classes/times/days-of-the-week?

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby cigrainger » Mon May 23, 2011 4:05 am

muppet263 wrote:Hey,

I'm looking at family housing in the MacDougal Street apartments - one of the university's low-rise buildings. Unfortunately, unlike Mercer/D'Ag there's only one picture online and no way to see the apartment before move-in day.

Do any current student have experience with MacDougal Street? Would you recommend it? Even better - any chance you might have some photos?

Thanks!


Would love to know this as well!

djaja
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby djaja » Mon May 23, 2011 9:30 am

.
Last edited by djaja on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby thecilent » Mon May 23, 2011 4:17 pm

djaja wrote:Do you really have to pay for classes and towels at the gym?

That's pretty standard wherever you go

djaja
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby djaja » Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 pm

.
Last edited by djaja on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 3L relaxing...

Postby thecilent » Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

nice




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests