penn state 1L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
deltasigbn

Re: penn state 1L taking questions

Postby deltasigbn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

How many students are in your classes?

Ridore

Postby Ridore » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Hey I got a scholarship from Penn State and a need based grant that will add up around 22,000/yr. My question is about the cost of living at the school and how much room and board will cost

longroad

Postby longroad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Sorry, I have been very busy. Will try to answer all the questions. If I left you out, repost, or PM me.

Also, let me again apologize for my lack of professionalism earlier. That does not represent the school well, which is what I came here to do. I will not respond to another antagonistic comment, and I am sorry for doing so in the first place. I do not need to defend Penn State Law or myself. We are both doing just fine.

Now for the questions:

Sarahblack06 wrote:Do you live in White Course? What is your opinion?

If you want to live your freshman dorm experience all over again, except this time with alcohol (my undergrad was dry in the dorms), then live in whitecourse. I don't live there, that was not something that was appealing to me. But we are all different. Some people I know love it, and have been successful living in whitecourse.

deltasigbn wrote:How many students are in your classes?

standard for any law school approx 60 in each section, like 20 in each legal writing section.

pjo wrote:OP, you mentioned you are top 5-10% and have a summer job lined up. Can you elaborate on what you'll be doing?

I want to keep it confidential. Let's just say I am lucky and I work hard at school and networking. I believe everyone can do the same, and with some luck, you can land great jobs.

Ridore wrote:Hey I got a scholarship from Penn State and a need based grant that will add up around 22,000/yr. My question is about the cost of living at the school and how much room and board will cost

Congratulations! You are in an excellent position. Cost of living is going to be probably the lowest of every school you get into. Plan on $400-600 for rent, inexpensive food, etc.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 am

Hey!

Just so everyone knows, there is another thread with a few Penn State students taking questions: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130990

We could probably combine the two and get everyone asking and answering in the same place!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”