Cardozo 1L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
clem21

Cardozo 1L taking questions

Postby clem21 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 am

Heck, I'm on my Laptop all day studying I could use a distraction...

ran12

Re: Cardozo 1L taking questions

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:09 pm

clem21 wrote:Heck, I'm on my Laptop all day studying I could use a distraction...

What's it like going to Cardozo in terms of student life/community in the sense that Cardozo doesn't have a traditional campus. I realize people prob hang out all over the city which would be the default answer to any NYC school. I would like to know what it's like besides the NYC nightlife.

clem21

Postby clem21 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 pm

ran12 wrote:
clem21 wrote:Heck, I'm on my Laptop all day studying I could use a distraction...

What's it like going to Cardozo in terms of student life/community in the sense that Cardozo doesn't have a traditional campus. I realize people prob hang out all over the city which would be the default answer to any NYC school. I would like to know what it's like besides the NYC nightlife.

There are plenty of bar nights which are fun if you want to hang out with your fellow students and a good amount of events in the school that are fairly well attended though mostly for the food.

slapshot01j

Postby slapshot01j » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 am

the school size is just a matter of taste. My college was pretty big, so I kinda like being in one building - but I can totally understand why some people might prefer a traditional campus. Honestly, I think there are positive and negative aspects to both. The good side is that it makes it easier to get to know a lot of people around school. The most annoying thing is probably that the building is closed late friday and all of saturday (except finals when it opens on saturday night) because of the jewish sabbath, so one must head elsewhere to do work during that part of the week (although getting out on weekends is always nice too.)

In terms of bar nights and event attendance, previous poster nailed it. Plenty of bar nights, and solid event attendance but usually for the food.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”