University of Wyoming

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
mrmacgillicutty

University of Wyoming

Postby mrmacgillicutty » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:27 am

Anybody on here with experience at UW? Seems like it could be good, if one were to go in with a positive attitude.

bergg007

Re: University of Wyoming

Postby bergg007 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 am

mrmacgillicutty wrote:Anybody on here with experience at UW? Seems like it could be good, if one were to go in with a positive attitude.

yeah but for the rest of your life you'd have to live in Wyoming, nobody wants that.

katjust

Postby katjust » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

I went to undergrad and grad school there. I love Wyoming, and I actually wouldn't mind at all spending the rest of my life there. However, the person posting before me is correct, Wyoming is good if you want to practice law in Wyoming.

wajihc

Postby wajihc » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 am

katjust wrote:I went to undergrad and grad school there. I love Wyoming, and I actually wouldn't mind at all spending the rest of my life there. However, the person posting before me is correct, Wyoming is good if you want to practice law in Wyoming.

I thought Denver was only 2.5 hours away from UW.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 am

But both University of Denver and Colorado University are right there, and are the "in-state" schools. Not to mention they are both ranked higher and CU grads are struggling to find jobs right now. UW= you live in WY probably forever.

tittsburghfeelers

Postby tittsburghfeelers » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

The majority of the people that go to school there are natives of Wyoming and probably don't mind spending the rest of their life in Wyoming. However, I definitely wouldn't count on getting Denver. And I definitely wouldn't attend as an OOS student if you're not wanting to work in Wyoming.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”