curiouscat wrote:Checking in!
I tried to withdraw earlier this week, and they responded by offering me a Ruby. Totally unexpected... but too incredible to pass up. So excited to be joining you all in Chicago this September.
This was an applicant who had previously been offered 90k, then got off HLS waitlist, sent Chicago withdrawal email and got a Rubenstein as a reply. Interestingly, I quite similarly also had 90k at Chi, in off HLS waitlist, and sent Chi withdrawal email. I'd have taken a Ruby in a heartbeat, but their response to my email was:
"Dear xxx - Your application has been withdrawn."
Woops. I mean I ended up at HLS and am fine, but just saying this isn't a recommended bargaining tactic, even if it ended up golden for that other applicant.